Cannon Co @ Livingston

2011Tigers2011

Tennessean had Davenport at 25 with 5 3's...Either way he played good. Ramsey is a freshman and you all didnt come close to stopping him. So I would say he is pretty good. Give LA a little credit...they were better than Cannon and still not playing their best basketball and good d can cause turnovers... :thumb:

Why dont you ask Coach Melton how worried he was. Looked to me he made the adjustments in the huddle when CC made their run and the players executed and won by 9. :thumb:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations LA on the win. IMO, the best game that I have saw LA play. Perfect game.....no but they are improving and thats all one can ask. Cannon Co. as expected was a very worthy opponent and played tough. Folks in the district (other than CC folks) are goona get tired of hearing "Davenport this" "Davenport that"....fierce competitor. Looking forward to coming to Woodbury. Good luck until the LA game. :thumb:

**On a side note an "average" York team beat Dekalb County tonight by 11. They must have played their "A" game. ;)

The only time that you can be absolutely sure that a team is playing their "A" game is when they are playing Livingston.

Unless they use a mulligan... :thumb:

I think Coach Melton lives on the same earth that someone said LA has come down to. What was he supposed to do with 2:38 left? Not call a time out to stop the run? As Bigdaddy said, maybe it was less worry and more focus. It worked. Look. All these games are gonna be fights for LA. LA and Upperman are very young and inexperienced and both are playing well enough to win when it matters. LA will only get better and better.

Cannon has a good team who shoots the ball extremely well. When you shoot as well as they do, you can beat or hang with just about anyone. Congrats to them on a well played game. Good job tonight LA. It looked much better. Keep working and focus and you'll be a force by the end of the season.

Great game from both sides tonight. Cannon come in fired up and ready to play. I think the player that made the most diffrence in this game was LA's Tj Smith. He seamed to be everywhere tonight and it seamed that everything he shot out side the arch fell and most everything inside fell, and his defensive play was just as good. Does anyone know how many points he had? This was definatly a better LA team that played tonight than on Tuesday night against York. If the game down in Woodbury will be anything like tonights I think im definatly going to have to go. Keep up your winning ways!!! GO HOGEYE

Tennessean had Davenport at 25 with 5 3's...Either way he played good. Ramsey is a freshman and you all didnt come close to stopping him. So I would say he is pretty good. Give LA a little credit...they were better than Cannon and still not playing their best basketball and good d can cause turnovers... :thumb:

Why dont you ask Coach Melton how worried he was. Looked to me he made the adjustments in the huddle when CC made their run and the players executed and won by 9. :thumb:

No disrespect to the LA team, or Coach Melton-they won, and shot alot better than our guys did! But, what "adjustments" are you talking about? The one where they decided to let us keep missing shots, foul and you get to the free throw line? There were hardly any adjustments throughout the whole game, other than #1 trying to tighten up on our #3. Just curious as to what you saw.

No disrespect to the LA team, or Coach Melton-they won, and shot alot better than our guys did! But, what "adjustments" are you talking about? The one where they decided to let us keep missing shots, foul and you get to the free throw line? There were hardly any adjustments throughout the whole game, other than #1 trying to tighten up on our #3. Just curious as to what you saw.

No disrepect to the LA team or Coach Melton??? Yeah right, lets just backhand compliment them. dry.gif

I think most have give #3 his due props. What about the balanced scoring from 25, 31, 23, and 12? And if you think that adjustments were not made then my friend you need to remove the blinders. A 2point game to a 9 point win and no "adjustments"? Again give LA a little credit for turning up the D there at the last, forcing CC into taking some shots that LA rebound and headed down the floor for a couple or three easy buckets...not all from the charity line as you like to put it. The foul count was in CC favor until CC had to foul to put LA in the bonus. When we got there, wasnt we suppose to make them?? ;)

Best I can tell is that LA folks are giving Cannon County their well deserved praise for their play last night and it was every bit the battle we expected.. And all you can come up with is "no disrespect to the LA team or Coach Melton". Now I am curious to what you saw?

Congratulations LA on the win. IMO, the best game that I have saw LA play. Perfect game.....no but they are improving and thats all one can ask. Cannon Co. as expected was a very worthy opponent and played tough. Folks in the district (other than CC folks) are goona get tired of hearing "Davenport this" "Davenport that"....fierce competitor. Looking forward to coming to Woodbury. Good luck until the LA game. :thumb:

**On a side note an "average" York team beat Dekalb County tonight by 11. They must have played their "A" game. :thumb:

Davenport put in 29!!! Ramsey good not great at this time!!! And points after turn overs you can not win games playing like that like Cannon County played. Ask coach Melton how worried he was 2 points ahead with 2:38 in the 4th!!!

Ramsey may not be great (in your opinion) but he ain't too bad for a freshman playing in his 9th game. If this kid doesn't impress you, please tell me who you have seen that was better at this point in their career.

**On a side note an "average" York team beat Dekalb County tonight by 11. They must have played their "A" game. ;)

Davenport put in 29!!! Ramsey good not great at this time!!! And points after turn overs you can not win games playing like that like Cannon County played. Ask coach Melton how worried he was 2 points ahead with 2:38 in the 4th!!!

Ramsey may not be great (in your opinion) but he ain't too bad for a freshman playing in his 9th game. If this kid doesn't impress you, please tell me who you have seen that was better at this point in their career.

I know I didn't make the post but I didn't notice where anything negative was said about Ramsay by cchs. Being called good evidently offends some people. He is a really good player without a doubt(I hope that comment doesn't make anyone mad). And I think everone in attendance or listening knew the right adjustments would be made and who would win because the LA coach is a W-I-N-N-E-R.

:thumb:

Apparently "Pianoman10", you have a problem with Coach Melton. Based on your posts last year and starting again this season, you have used any opportunity to make negative remarks and insinuations concerning him. I'm sure every LA fan realizes that he's not perfect, but I don't believe you will find many (other than maybe a few haters like you) fans who would trade him for any other coach in this area. LA has made two straight state tournament appearances under his guidance. Just how many times in LA's existance has that happened before? This years team is young. They've lost three games to three still undefeated teams. They have lost to no one else. They beat a good Red Bank team. They have now won two dristrict games. This team will get much better as the season progresses. My guess is, if they had won the last two games by thirty, you would have complained because they didn't win by forty. Maybe even, you could have critized the coach for running up the score. I guess what I'm trying to say is: A Coach Melton hater 'fan' like you will find a reason to critize him regardless of what the team does. Go right ahead and critize all you please. The vast majority of LA fans are very happy that we have him for a coach because he is one heck of a coach and a W-I-N-N-E-R. :thumb:

Congrats to LA for beating a good Cannon team. Both teams will get better as the season goes on. By the way pianoman York has yet to play their best offensive game. They to will improve as the season goes on. LA may not be what they was last year but they still have some very talented boys and a great coach. I'm a York fan and I think Coach Melton is a winner.