Who will be the next QB in Div II AA....

CantBstopped

Which team played a freshman this past season, BGA or MBA? I saw one that might be pretty decent this next season. I go to various div. 2 games each year to see good football and don't remember which team had the one I was impressed with, but I think it was BGA. He had a bit of a rough time but showed promise, he needed some weight but held his own for his size.

What does Ensworth have coming up? I did see them play and they didn't seem to have a passing game at all. Their coach is supposed to be the "great" qb coach isn't he... He came up a little short on that this year. Looked like a one man show to me, running back was awesome.

Lastly, who is the QB from BA on youtube, searched QB with school name for each team in Div.2 and this was one of the only ones. He would be a freshman or sophomore this coming season. Didn't see any videos from any seniors to be. Wasn't many other QB videos for other schools period. Thought I would find several but didn't. If you have any links please post them.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Johnson 2011 QB. Briarcrest Christian High School. Memphis, TN

Talked to my buddy from memphis who helps out with briarcrest. he said michael talked with Coach baggett from tennessee and baggett said he was going to pursue him this spring

Coach Porter from memphis called Coach Wright (Briarcrest Coach) and said Michael was the top QB in-state and that an offer will come.

P.S- Michael is working with Browning Nagle (Louisville QB in the past) helping michael with his throwing motion and footwork

he has the potential with his size.

Feel free to post any other QB's videos. looks like there are alot of good ones out there!

• 2 weeks later...
Hate to bust your bubble, but i just dont see Bga finishing any higher than 5th anytime soon in Div. II AA. Their qb may put up decent numbers next year, but that will be because they wont have much of a ground game. They have some pretty good recievers, but not a good enough line.

What do you base your comments on? The fact is BGA returns 4 starters on the offensive line. Sounds to me like you don't have a clue what you're talking about. And quarterbacks without a good line rarely put up good numbers.

Hate to bust your bubble, but i just dont see Bga finishing any higher than 5th anytime soon in Div. II AA. Their qb may put up decent numbers next year, but that will be because they wont have much of a ground game. They have some pretty good recievers, but not a good enough line.

What do you base your comments on? The fact is BGA returns 4 starters on the offensive line. Sounds to me like you don't have a clue what you're talking about. And quarterbacks without a good line rarely put up good numbers.

Just because they have four returners doesnt mean anything. And Im saying that because they will have to throw it 30-40 times a game because they wont be able to run the ball.

He is probably basing his comments on the fact that BGA will never be better than MUS, Ensworth, BA, or MBA. Even if they are the next best team(which i doubt) that puts them 5th. after recent years, you should be happy with 5th.

You can all say you heard it here first.

Wirth Campbell at Ensworth will be the top QB in D2 AA next year. Wirth is now 6' 4" and 200lbs with a rocket arm. He has been working very hard in the off season and will surprise a lot of people next fall. Ensworth's will obviously have the best offensive line in the league, so he will have plenty of time to throw the ball, and there are a plethora of wide receivers for him to throw to. It won't hurt that teams will pack the line of scrimmage to try and stop Rodney Anderson, Quinn Hamilton, Marcus McAlpin and Corn Elder (to just mention a few of the running backs).

Ensworth hasn't had to worry about throwing the ball in past years so they used more option type QB's. This year will be different with Campbell. I saw him throw a 60 yard pass last year in a JV game and hit the WR in stride. It will be fun to watch.

Wirth Campbell at Ensworth will be the top QB in D2 AA next year. Wirth is now 6' 4" and 200lbs with a rocket arm. He has been working very hard in the off season and will surprise a lot of people next fall. Ensworth's will obviously have the best offensive line in the league, so he will have plenty of time to throw the ball, and there are a plethora of wide receivers for him to throw to. It won't hurt that teams will pack the line of scrimmage to try and stop Rodney Anderson, Quinn Hamilton, Marcus McAlpin and Corn Elder (to just mention a few of the running backs).

Ensworth hasn't had to worry about throwing the ball in past years so they used more option type QB's. This year will be different with Campbell. I saw him throw a 60 yard pass last year in a JV game and hit the WR in stride. It will be fun to watch.

I hear that another SR, D. Parker will give Wirth a run for the starting position. Parker was the 2nd team QB as a behind Jefferson 2 years ago. He is more athletic, has better QB common sense, and a better arm than Wirth. Their 40 speeds are about even. Won't look for a lot of running from either player. Not sure Wirth is 6' 4", probably a football "Program" height, not actual.

Yes, you are right that Drew Parker will give Wirth a run for the money but he will likely end up the back-up. Wirth passed Drew last year and was the back-up. I don't think Drew got any snaps even in JV games. Have you seen Wirth lately? He has grown considerably.

I hear that another SR, D. Parker will give Wirth a run for the starting position. Parker was the 2nd team QB as a behind Jefferson 2 years ago. He is more athletic, has better QB common sense, and a better arm than Wirth. Their 40 speeds are about even. Won't look for a lot of running from either player. Not sure Wirth is 6' 4", probably a football "Program" height, not actual.

• 2 months later...

Lastly, who is the QB from BA on youtube, searched QB with school name for each team in Div.2 and this was one of the only ones. He would be a freshman or sophomore this coming season. Didn't see any videos from any seniors to be. Wasn't many other QB videos for other schools period. Thought I would find several but didn't. If you have any links please post them.

Those videos are of a rising sophomore Nick Givens. He is undersized and probably wont even start on JV. The starter at BA will most likely be rising senior Matthew Hamby.