McKenzie Rebels.....Outlook for 2010 Season?

rebelsnook

As for the condition of Drake Damesworth...the Gleason player injured in our game last Friday night. He has been moved to a regular room but, due to the fear of him getting pneumonia he may still be moved back to ICU. He is being moved....possibly next week.....to Atlanta for rehab. The important thing is that he is improving every day. He has the use of his arms and hands back considerably even though the grip in his hands is still weak and sensation and twitching in his legs and can tell when someone touches his legs. In all likelyhood he will have a second surgery to his neck to insert one more pin for added stability to the area injured before he is moved to Atlanta.

If anyone wishes to send Drake a card or letter and maybe a love offering if you can the address is:

Drake Damesworth

Le Bonheur Childrens Hospital

50 N. Dunlap St.

Memphis, TN 38103

You won't need a room #.....he'll get it without one! There is a PINNED thread about this and ya'll can follow this there for regular updates.

Hey Duck, This Lady Dropped By The Shop Today With A Flyer About A Bake Sale At Rural King This Saturday For Damesworth.....Is This Legit? Because I Sure Do Love Cake! :roflolk: But I Think It's Great About The Outpouring Of Affection.

Edited by Butchie

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Duck, This Lady Dropped By The Shop Today With A Flyer About A Bake Sale At Rural King This Saturday For Damesworth.....Is This Legit? Because I Sure Do Love Cake! :roflolk: But I Think It's Great About The Outpouring Of Affection.

Don't know for sure Butchie. Asked my daughter (tnrec1) and she didn't know either but will check around. There are so many people doing so many things to help the family it's incredible. She said if she found out anything she'd post it on the "injury" thread. I'm guessing it is legit though. Heck, talk to the folks when you get there. You can tell when someone is hedging on you!

I'm believing that when Drake comes home, he'll walk in!!!! But, it's gonna take a LOT of time and money for it to happen. I'm dedicated to this cause. And would be just as dedicated if it were one of our Rebels. I played a lot of years and been a fan a LOT more and this injury scared me as much as any I've seen ever. Worst part is it wasn't the hit but the freak things that happened after it!! It could have been any player on any play.

I played thru injuries (but not like Drake's) when a player but when my son was out there I was more worried than dedicated. And now my grandson is out there. As a matter of fact, he took Drake's place when he was injured. Even higher worry level now!!!! But, we do what we can do and I sent my grandson my son's Cowboy Collar to wear as long as he wants in hopes it helps him from experiencing anything even so much as a stinger (which is plenty bad enough in the long run.....I need surgery now because of one!)

Edited by duckman38201

Butchie, this is correct. I believe it starts around 10ish. Give me shout 415-3055 and I'll get you in touch with the people doing it.

I'll be up there so if they have it, I'll get it for ya... :thumb:

Well Mrs Butchie Has Encouraged Me To Lose 17 lbs In 2 Weeks.....And I'm On Pace To Lose 80 lbs By Our Anniversary In Feb. She Has A Lil Trip To The Bahamas Planned....So I Won't Indulge In A Big Ole Cake Or Pie...But Mrs. Butchie May Bring A Few To Donate....Ya Hosers!

Well Mrs Butchie Has Encouraged Me To Lose 17 lbs In 2 Weeks.....And I'm On Pace To Lose 80 lbs By Our Anniversary In Feb. She Has A Lil Trip To The Bahamas Planned....So I Won't Indulge In A Big Ole Cake Or Pie...But Mrs. Butchie May Bring A Few To Donate....Ya Hosers!

Butchie, haven't you heard.....Igor blew the Bahamas away!!! Eat up my friend. But you are on your own with Mrs. Butchie! She gave me a shout out at Mega Mart today

!!!

Heck, buy some stuff and give it to some needy skinny people (like me.....not! Well, I'm not skinny!!)

Butchie, haven't you heard.....Igor blew the Bahamas away!!! Eat up my friend. But you are on your own with Mrs. Butchie! She gave me a shout out at Mega Mart today

!!!

Heck, buy some stuff and give it to some needy skinny people (like me.....not! Well, I'm not skinny!!)

Well By Feb. It Will Be Back. Some Of That Deep See Marlin Fishing Is What I'm After....Been Several Times...Marlin Fishing That Is...But I'll See If'n They Got Some Stuff For Ya Duck. I'll Have Em Put Ya Name On It, And A Paid Sticker! :thumb:

That's The Plan! :twisted:

Hey ya' 'ol hoser....did ya' make it to Humboldt tonight. That game had a pucker factor of 10!!!!! Reminded me of the Gay Hawk night in Mamphis when we played Manassas (way too much actually...it was like watching my life pass before my eyes....again!!!)!! That Rebel stand at the end with the Vikings with the ball first and goal at the one foot line and ended up on the 4 yd. line four (actually 5) plays later was awsome.

It doesn't seem like a good idea to back a Rebel into a corner and feel confident of a W nowdays.