McKenzie Rebels.....Outlook for 2010 Season?

rebelsnook

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen good things from the Rebels that will be starting for us next season. I always said of Milan that they don't rebuild, they just reload. But, I'm not willing to say that of the Rebels yet. The '10 Rebels will have to step up to the plate and pay the price to continue what the recently previous Rebels have accomplished. BUT, they are certainly capable of doing just that.

We as Rebel Nation are saying goodbye to some awsome talent as they graduate and move on. But, I expect that the Rebels that will still be with us will continue the work ethic they have grown used to to carry on the banner for the Rebels!!!!!

Nowdays, the community expects it (the 13th man!), the coaches expect it and most importantly, the players expect it!!!!!!!! Not to mention it's a lot more fun to work hard and win than it is to slack and lose!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!

MRP!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME HOME COL. REB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Aint That The Truth Duck. But Because Of Our Success, The Rest of The State Knows Now You'll Have To Contend With Mckenzie To Advance To The State Playoff's. We'll Get us A Gold One And Probably Several Of Them. I Tend To Think It's Like Deer Hunting. That First One Is Tough To Slay, But Once He's Down the Rest Seem To Get Easier. ^_^ And I'd Rather Be In The Finals Year After Year Than Win It Once And Not Be Heard Of Again. It Will Happen, And I Hope It's Soon. :lol:

Aint That The Truth Duck. But Because Of Our Success, The Rest of The State Knows Now You'll Have To Contend With Mckenzie To Advance To The State Playoff's. We'll Get us A Gold One And Probably Several Of Them. I Tend To Think It's Like Deer Hunting. That First One Is Tough To Slay, But Once He's Down the Rest Seem To Get Easier. :thumb: And I'd Rather Be In The Finals Year After Year Than Win It Once And Not Be Heard Of Again. It Will Happen, And I Hope It's Soon. :|

You and me both bro. I really want to be there!!!!

It Will Happen, And I Hope It's Soon. :thumb:

Is 2010 soon enough Butchie? The Rebels are better than BB,and you could have easily beaten TC. If this team stays focused,I think they get it done.

We'll see how the next generation of Rebels come around next season. I expect good things from them!!

I'll be expecting to see ya'll back in the hunt again next time. I was real proud of our Union City neighbors this time though.

• 2 weeks later...
Losing starting quarterback and backfield. Also have to replace center, tight end, and some receivers. Also have to replace several on defense. The upcoming players had good records in middle school. What's your outlook for next season?

THE REBEL ROWDY CROWD

Westview's second string QB has moved to McKenize to play QB for the Rebels. The story is that he will take over as the starter. I thought there were some underclassmen QB's already on the McKenzie team playing second and third string. I can tell you for a FACT that the kid is starting school in McK in January. Has anyone heard this??

I have seen this QB play, and he only played when Westview was way ahead and all the starters where on the sidelines. He did not play any other position on the field. IMO, as a soph, if you are a super talent, you will be playing somewhere, even if you arent starting QB. Last year Coady started a Sophmore QB, and he got hurt - he was back healthy this year and will be back next year. He's does a great job, and their second string QB wasnt going to see any game time til his Sr. year, so he moved to McKenzie.

I am not sure if this is true about him getting the starting position - it's hard to believe that the McKenzie coach would say that. There's no way he has ever seen him play, because he only played a few minutes of a few 4th quarters while Westview was winning and the Mercy Rule was in effect. I just wondered if anyone has heard this and what the McKenzie folks think? :rolleyes:

Comer And Thomas Have Made The Rebel Program Productive. I'm Sure Whichever Way They Want It To Go Will Be The Right Decision. If The Kid Is The Best Shot At Quarterback Then So Be It. But I Don't Think They'd Guarantee Him The Job Without The Offseason Workouts And Passing Leagues. And I Believe This Would All Be Speculation At This Juncture. :thumb: