Mr. Baseketball Predictions All Classes

MidTNbasketball

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it for Tyler. After watching his story 2 years ago before the Memphis/Tenn. game, it seemed as if he was succeeding in life after the rough childhood he had been through. He was definately on his way into the NBA had he kept his head on straight. So much for that....

what do you expect when the culture demands you act like a thug or get accused of acting white

what do you expect when the culture demands you act like a thug or get accused of acting white

The culture demands nothing. You make your own decisions in life. You can be civilized without "acting white" or being a thug. Tyler Smith was definately on his way into the pros. He has now shot down his chance unfortunately due to his choices he's made. I hate it for him because he was a great talent. I hope something good comes out of this situation for all 4 of 'em.

The culture demands nothing. You make your own decisions in life. You can be civilized without "acting white" or being a thug. Tyler Smith was definately on his way into the pros. He has now shot down his chance unfortunately due to his choices he's made. I hate it for him because he was a great talent. I hope something good comes out of this situation for all 4 of 'em.

It was not a sure lock that Tyler Smith was a pro before this stuff. Now he need to be out of college basketball also

It was not a sure lock that Tyler Smith was a pro before this stuff. Now he need to be out of college basketball also

I was thinking he might have a career overseas.

Don't think he could play the 3 spot in the league?...... I think he could, but wouldn't be a superstar. What do ya'll 2 think about Chism? Think he could play in the league at the 4 spot?

Well last year before he droped out of the draft they had him going in the top 20, soooooo he would at least been in the NBA for a little bit

Mock drafts are just that...mock drafts. Tyler Smith would not have been a first round draft pick last season. CDR was one of the last players taken in the second round an he clearly had/has MUCH MUCH more upside that Tyler Smith. CDR is averaging over 30 minutes and 16 points a game this season after not playing a lot his rookie season. Tyler Smith has even been quoted as saying he most likely would have went to Europe had he not came back for his senior season.

As far as Chism goes...Chism should and will play in the NBA, I think. I don't think he will ever be a star. But, I have seen a ton of guys (6'9 and up 240/250) play a long time in the NBA that averaged 5 or 6 points and 4 or 5 rebounds a game. Chism has enough skill to find a role somewhere, although I don't see him making a significant contribution right away or maybe never, who knows? You don't have to be a star or even a significant role player to make several million dollars. Take the time and look at some NBA rosters and salaries of some of the big men in the NBA.....a lot of them you have never heard of and a lot of them don't play major minutes...but, they are getting paid quite well.

Don't think he could play the 3 spot in the league?...... I think he could, but wouldn't be a superstar. What do ya'll 2 think about Chism? Think he could play in the league at the 4 spot?

Well last year before he droped out of the draft they had him going in the top 20, soooooo he would at least been in the NBA for a little bit

no way Tyler Smith was a 1st round pick in any year. They also said CDR was a 1st round lock. Derrick Byers was a 1st round lock.

W Chisim is a early 2nd round pick because he can rebound and shoot. Tyler Smith may not get drafted