Herrin IL holiday duals (HHS, CBHS)

cmmndalum

Wow see what happens when I get slammed at work and have to take a day away from the board...

1) I am accused of not being a homer (I mean come on!!!!)

2) I am accused of being reliable

3) Told I have youth on my side (not for much longer if what they say is true...)

4) 2blLeg calls out my momma!

5) papabear comes out of hibernation

6) somebody calls out S Illinois wrestling for being weak (now that is a joke coming from any team not in the top 15ish in TN)

Now since Tex asked for my opinion I will give some thoughts (even though papabear gave the true answers)

All around the tournament wasn't bad, but not as tough as I believe it has been recently. Last year Herrin beat CBHS in a close match, this year it wasn't close at CBHS has improved and Herrin dropped off quite a bit. All of that said, yes I thought CBHS wrestled some of their best of the year, so it was a combination of both. Once again, there were some very quality wrestlers there.

However, as stated by papabear, no team needs to be in a meat grinder every weekend (and CBHS has had a few of those and a couple of good tournaments to come). You need some opportunities to recharge your batteries and this tournament was an excellent chance for that. Even the Bradley Centrals or Collins Hills have those tournaments. When you have a program as deep as CBHS (and yes I am not discounting that there are others like CBHS) you need to get the young guys quality mat time and this tournament provided one of the opportunities to do just that. Top quality programs and coaches understand both of those concepts.

I was pleased to see Hendersonville wrestling well, especially since I have some slight ties to there. Several in the stands made the comment that they likely would have been the toughest match available for CBHS that day but there are other opportunities for that later (like this weekend).

Nice job by both TN teams this past weekend.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jezz this board does stink this year... i'm with bcb. most of you guys just wana bash on people.

I find it hard to find the negative in two of our TN teams going out of state and going 10-0

i just wanted some good news to grace this board and its meet with ridicule. anyone wana tell me how to delete my thread so nobody has the chance to bash our kids on it anymore????

thank you

Wow see what happens when I get slammed at work and have to take a day away from the board...

3) Told I have youth on my side (not for much longer if what they say is true...)

6) somebody calls out S Illinois wrestling for being weak (now that is a joke coming from any team not in the top 15ish in TN)

Now since Tex asked for my opinion I will give some thoughts (even though papabear gave the true answers)

All around the tournament wasn't bad, but not as tough as I believe it has been recently. Last year Herrin beat CBHS in a close match, this year it wasn't close at CBHS has improved and Herrin dropped off quite a bit. All of that said, yes I thought CBHS wrestled some of their best of the year, so it was a combination of both. Once again, there were some very quality wrestlers there.

However, as stated by papabear, no team needs to be in a meat grinder every weekend (and CBHS has had a few of those and a couple of good tournaments to come). You need some opportunities to recharge your batteries and this tournament was an excellent chance for that. Even the Bradley Centrals or Collins Hills have those tournaments. When you have a program as deep as CBHS (and yes I am not discounting that there are others like CBHS) you need to get the young guys quality mat time and this tournament provided one of the opportunities to do just that. Top quality programs and coaches understand both of those concepts.

I was pleased to see Hendersonville wrestling well, especially since I have some slight ties to there. Several in the stands made the comment that they likely would have been the toughest match available for CBHS that day but there are other opportunities for that later (like this weekend).

ghouse,

The next time you decide to "take a day off" from keeping your fans in line, please post a note saying so.

Your description of the team talent and that of the head coach both point towards the exact comment that the original guy said. And somehow, it is not bashing now. Or just maybe, it was not bashing in the beginning and the colors just run too deep in some of the fans (ole double leg).

Now get your scores straight from past matches so that you can stay in good standing with the hibernating One!

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Can we get this thread to a few more pages? Somehow that bothers people on here too, which I kind of enjoy for no particular reason.

Herrin has never beaten CBHS. Won by 15 three years ago, only other time we have faced them

You are right as usually. It was the Farmington Duals I remember CBHS losing to the hosts in last year, not the Herrin Duals. Don't know how I crossed them up... long day at work!

Looks like conflict in the CBHS house. That could be a good thread, forget texas and the leg

Herrin has never beaten CBHS. Won by 15 three years ago, only other time we have faced them

You are right as usually. It was the Farmington Duals I remember CBHS losing to the hosts in last year, not the Herrin Duals. Don't know how I crossed them up... long day at work!

Looks like conflict in the CBHS house. That could be a good thread, forget texas and the leg

not a leg man?

ghouse,

The next time you decide to "take a day off" from keeping your fans in line, please post a note saying so.

Your description of the team talent and that of the head coach both point towards the exact comment that the original guy said. And somehow, it is not bashing now. Or just maybe, it was not bashing in the beginning and the colors just run too deep in some of the fans (ole double leg).

Now get your scores straight from past matches so that you can stay in good standing with the hibernating One!

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Can we get this thread to a few more pages? Somehow that bothers people on here too, which I kind of enjoy for no particular reason.

10-4 Tex 10-4.