Who is going to be the team to beat next year?

BAEagleFootball

Ensworth will be the favorite next year and for years to come. They will be better next year than this year. The class of 2013,freshmen now, is their best class yet. I firmly believe we have just seen the beginning of Coach Bowers and the football dynasty he is building. Anderson will step in for Darkwa and the beat goes on.

Ensworth will be the favorite next year and for years to come. They will be better next year than this year. The class of 2013,freshmen now, is their best class yet. I firmly believe we have just seen the beginning of Coach Bowers and the football dynasty he is building. Anderson will step in for Darkwa and the beat goes on.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Good to see the hubris spigot has been found and the pipes have been unfrozen over on "100" in all of this frigid middle Tennessee weather.

I understand from one very close to matters over there that, among a couple of other positions, quarterback was a very legitimate concern for the 2010 season - at least as of six weeks ago. Of course, I don't even know how "inside" that information is - anyone can see from reading a lineup/roster that the QB position needs to be replaced - but I was rather surprised with the conviction with which that was said by someone so close.

"Better next year than this year" - how many times do we hear/read that cliche? How often is that true is probably a better question, particularly when the comparison is to a prior year team that loses a couple thousand rushing yards and some other DI players from what was a great team itself. No, there is no doom and gloom at EHS, but if EHS is better in 2010 than 2009, I'd be highly surprised. And until EHS wins a title, the path goes through Memphis first and two other Nashville-area schools after that. "Dynasty" is generally not a term reserved for potential.

I will say this in agreement with some of your wording: if we see repeats of some of the inexplicable Xs and Os decisions that occurred in the 2009 playoffs, yes, the "beat" will certainly go on in 2010. And if the 2010 version of the team is better than the 2009 version, then that "beat" will come with much more pain, as there is no Brunetti/MUS or any other dominant team on preseason paper as there was in 2009. The 2009 title this year was MUS's to lose, literally and figuratively, and they held serve.

I would have to say Ensworth will be the team to beat seeing its been awhile since they lost a regular season game, and then BA will be pretty tough all their players are coming back gonna be a toss up, but the competition around the league should be pretty fair. BA vs. Ensworth game is going to be a great game in the season and maybe end up in the state championship game. But the sleepers would have to be Father Ryan who tends to upset BA every year. And BGA is going to pretty good but still young starting mostly Jr. and Soph. and will upset several teams like they shocked MBA during the season, which later got revenge. Baylor good year in year out they could ruin some peoples chances also D-II is going to be very interesting next year.

• 3 weeks later...
I think MUS has a chance a 3 peat. Im not sure they will go undefeated again because they play south panola and olive branch again, but I think they should be the favorites along with Ensworth, especially if MUS beats at least one of those two teams.

Aren't they losing a TON of talent this year? BA should be up there. Speed to burn.

I think MUS has a chance a 3 peat. Im not sure they will go undefeated again because they play south panola and olive branch again, but I think they should be the favorites along with Ensworth, especially if MUS beats at least one of those two teams.

Aren't they losing a TON of talent this year? BA should be up there. Speed to burn.

Yes, but they lost their entire defense last year except for one player and everyone thought their defense wasnt going to be very good. They ended up being one of the best defenses in the division. Like the saying goes " we dont rebuild, we reload"