TN Classic?

Guest kenwoodrun

Guest kenwoodrun

Ok folks, check in and let the world know how you or your team did at TN Classic. It looks like Harpeth Hall won the girls and Daviess County (KY) won the boys, from just watching the races...and who was the guy that won the AAA race? Surprised to see anybody beat Dusty Miller. What time did Bumbalaugh wind up running? Check in!

Like I've said, this THS team is tough. I think they have a legit shot at being the best midstate AAA team since the Oakland team about 3 years ago that got 7th at state. Since the split to 3 divisions the highest finish by a midstate team in AAA is 6th by Oakland in 1997. I would love to see a AAA midstate team eventually break the top 5, but I don't know that this team could do it, but they should be a top 10 team at least. Anyways, 3rd to Baylor and FRA is not shabby at all. Congrats to THS.

[Edited by tonto on 9-22-02 7:59P]

Guest kenwoodrun
Posted by tonto:

Since the split to 3 divisions the highest finish by a midstate team in AAA is 6th by Oakland in 1997.

That's a sad, but correct observation...however, one only has to go back to 2000 to find a midstate girls team to pull that feat off...Oakland finished 3rd that year (w/ 6th only 8 pts behind them!)

Back to Tullahoma's guys, if they run Bridges next weekend, they'll get a really good comparison to where they fit in the AAA picture. Several good AAA teams held out this weekend (Houston, etc.), so next weekend could be loaded...even though it was ridiculously big for a TN Classic. Tonto, I assume you've seen the results from the invite that Cookeville and Tullahoma hooked up in last weekend. It looked like a dual meet, for all intents and purposes.

And for those of you awaiting results, just keep checking Tom Murrell's and Don McPheron's sites. They will appear there sometime this week, hopefully early.

Posted by kenwoodrun:
Posted by tonto:

Since the split to 3 divisions the highest finish by a midstate team in AAA is 6th by Oakland in 1997.

That's a sad, but correct observation...however, one only has to go back to 2000 to find a midstate girls team to pull that feat off...Oakland finished 3rd that year (w/ 6th only 8 pts behind them!)

Back to Tullahoma's guys, if they run Bridges next weekend, they'll get a really good comparison to where they fit in the AAA picture. Several good AAA teams held out this weekend (Houston, etc.), so next weekend could be loaded...even though it was ridiculously big for a TN Classic. Tonto, I assume you've seen the results from the invite that Cookeville and Tullahoma hooked up in last weekend. It looked like a dual meet, for all intents and purposes.

And for those of you awaiting results, just keep checking Tom Murrell's and Don McPheron's sites. They will appear there sometime this week, hopefully early.

Yeah, I saw those results...with 9 of top 12 from CHS or THS it looked like it was pretty much a dual meet. However, right now that Cookeville team is just not anywhere close to reaching potential. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Birdwell is running really well, but those three seniors right behind him need to step up and pack in...and they desperately need a 5 guy. But I just hope things start to come together for them later, but I dont know. They had a terribly disappointing TN Classic performance overall...but Bird showed some signs of life.

But that girls team is finally showing some potential with two freshmen in their top 5. I hope they continue to improve.

Guest kenwoodrun

Our guys went to another meet this weekend (long story) while my girls absolutely took it on the chin at Classic...Diaz has been running step for step w/ Clarksville's Jimmy Hebda, who ran 16:14 at Classic this weekend, so I'm hoping Diaz is top 15 or 20 at Bridges this Saturday...I don't think he's ready for a sub-16 yet, and conditions will not be ideal Saturday....but this guy has a history of shocking everyone.