Franklin Basketball

defensewinsgames

No implosion at all with the team itself, just a couple overzealous parents who have their own agenda. This team is going to turn things around and be just fine. But IndyEagle, you are right in one way. A couple parents are using this board to try and start crap, this is something brand new to us. The FHS program has not had to deal with this type thing since Coach Johnson has been here. We have had some very strong, opinionated parents over the past 7 years. They probably disagreed with things Jay did, or how he coached. Guess what, they kept their mouths shut and let things play out. Coach Johnson has not changed how he coaches or his philosophies. This team is gonna be fine with whatever starting line up is out there or whatever defense COACH decides to play. The kids have to go out there and execute, play hard, and play as a TEAM. We shouldn't have to read about dads, or moms on a discussion board trying to be a coach. I think there are several rec league coaching positions available. Just go to WCPR and apply.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it, but the responses on this thread are downright embarassing. Instead of everybody trying to give their two cents about something you have no control over, why don't you let the stats for Franklin speak for themselves.

http://www.tennessean.com/section/WILLIAMSON02

Let's go Rebels, you've got a big game tomorrow. Beat Brentwood!!!!

Coach Johnson is a very good good coach and parents definitely do not need to be complaining about their kids playing time. There is nothing you can do about it. Johnson is the coach. However, I feel like the assistant coaches do more of the subbing than Johnson but thats besides the point. One reason though that Johnson has been successful over his coaching tenure is the fact that he's had some great talent starting with derrick anderson, dante brown, antonio murray to derrick batt and ryan glover all the way to michael young and peyton henry. This year the talent level is somewhat down (besides mathews and mclemore) and its the players who play the game, not the coach. I do think the lack of a big man hurts the Rebels and the fact that i've noticed sometimes a kid will hit 2 or 3 shots and start to get in rhythm with the game, but he comes right out for some reason. I just don't understand it. Anyways, Franklin vs. Brentwood tomorrow night. My prediction:

Franklin: 67

Brentwood: 59

Wrong on almost all counts here. Jay brought the 3 amigos through the program to the vartsity level. Several times here Jay has lost over 70% of his offense, this year he lost 96% of his offense to graduation. A team can have good players and not do well, example, Indy 3 years ago finishing 2nd and losing to a 7 seed. Centennial a few years ago having Kelly, McLemore, Harris. A team has to have a coach to steer the boat. I know who you are and just can't give Coach Johnson any credit. He NEVER takes a kid out of a game after he has hit 2 or 3 shots. MANY times that kid has asked to come out of the game because he is tired. You don't see that though.

Give the man some credit

Unfortunately I was not able to make the game last night but I heard some good things and the box score showed me some positive signs. Mathews and McLemore had good games. I give Franklin credit because this was a big win, but I still believe when Franklin plays a team with a dominant big man that they will struggle. Ravenwood and Hillsboro this week. I can't wait for the rematch of that Hillsboro game.