#1 Fulton Beats #2 Gatlinburg Pittman

Photoman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luvgolf20 or should I say Mr.Buckner??? Father of Chase Buckner who plays for Union County who also wears #20 and plays golf?? Anyways funny thing is that GP was traditionally a dang good basketball school. Donald Dodgen(he is now at Faragut) coached there and was very successful. Ken Wright had a great run for about 5 to 6 years where he went to several SUbstates and won several District Championships. And lets not forget GP played your Union County faithful last year in the District Championship and has made it to the region tournament the past two years. SO obviously GP is headed in the right direction. And as far as the transfers go kids transfer all the time!

At AE,Fulton,Anderson County,Gibbs,Maryville,Catholic,Bearden, West, Central etc.....

Where you guys messed up in was letting Brian Jessie go!!! You lost Tyler Smith to Anderson County and went from a sub-state team to an average ball club.

If you're right about luvgolf it explains a lot. Lot of sour grapes. Jealous because his UC team hasn't done as well in the new district as GP? Questionable call? That isn't a fact it's an opinion. BTW Seems like several that stepped up against UC the last time were boys that were born in raised here in SC (Maples, Barton, McCroskey, &Jackson) the ole "pot calling the kettle black". The ratail chants from the student body were bad and administration should have stopped it. You may deny but you know what went on. Even your own security finally had to go stopp the students. As you I've watched UC for several years and UC athletes seem like they don't know if their from Union Co or Gibbs because their always bouncing back and forth.

Just stating facts. It always is more special when u win with kid from your city or town.

Don't have a horse in this race but outside Memphis is there any other district that has this many transfers? Isn't it kind of hard to single out GP when Fulton, Carter and AE have historically had transfers. You don't have to look too far back to see the kind of impact transfers have made for all of these?. Campbell has certainly been a nice "pickup" for the Falcons this year and I have a little trouble believing he transferred from Bearden for academic reasons. It was pretty much a given when you look at his dad's blowup with Blevins. Why is the GP coach being singled out when Coach Wright (which is a good friend) is given a free pass with regards to recruiting? Everything is done above board at Fulton but players like Campbell, Styles, Gallman, Bryant and others certainly have helped the success of their team. :hungry:

Just stating facts. It always is more special when u win with kid from your city or town.

Don't have a horse in this race but outside Memphis is there any other district that has this many transfers? Isn't it kind of hard to single out GP when Fulton, Carter and AE have historically had transfers. You don't have to look too far back to see the kind of impact transfers have made for all of these?. Campbell has certainly been a nice "pickup" for the Falcons this year and I have a little trouble believing he transferred from Bearden for academic reasons. It was pretty much a given when you look at his dad's blowup with Blevins. Why is the GP coach being singled out when Coach Wright (which is a good friend) is given a free pass with regards to recruiting? Everything is done above board at Fulton but players like Campbell, Styles, Gallman, Bryant and others certainly have helped the success of their team. :hungry:

Thanks for pointing that out. Seems like noone else sees that.

Was it less fun winning with Smith living in Anderson County and Cox coming from Gibbs? Couldn't you pull any Halls kids?

I find it hard to believe it's been more enjoyable this year than last. Seems like they had another kid transfer from Gibbs in the last couple of years.

Was it less fun winning with Smith living in Anderson County and Cox coming from Gibbs? Couldn't you pull any Halls kids?

According to my research, Cox went to Luttrell Elementary and even played on the district championship team at Horace Maynard Middle. And as for having transfers, UC does not have any transfers, and we sure don't want any from Gibbs!

Why is the GP coach being singled out when Coach Wright (which is a good friend) is given a free pass with regards to recruiting? Everything is done above board at Fulton but players like Campbell, Styles, Gallman, Bryant and others certainly have helped the success of their team. :thumb:

Maybe because 6 kids transferred in one year! Everyone forgets about Jezreel (Hampton, VA) and Suarez (Las Vegas). They left school before the season started. Four transfers from out of state in one year draws a lot of attention. The other two transferred from SC. How many others were contacted that didn't transfer? When kids transfer within a city, county or just across a county line, not much is said. Most of these contacts are made through AAU connections. I'm not saying this is right but you asked why the GP coach is being singled out.

How many others were contacted that didn't transfer? When kids transfer within a city, county or just across a county line, not much is said. Most of these contacts are made through AAU connections. I'm not saying this is right but you asked why the GP coach is being singled out.

Right premise, bad assumption. I know the story (both in and out) on each one of the kids that were looking to come to GP and those that did. AAU connections are certainly at play here, but your wrong assumption is who is contacting whom.

Be fair and look at the progress Placeres made in the years before ANY transfers looked GPs way, it was tremendous and real.

How many other coaches play semi-pro ball like Placeres as well?

Add the fact that GP is considered one of the best acedemic public schools in the SE, and it isnt hard to understand why we will continue to draw interest, and WELCOME it!

I'd like to see that too... with fair officiating. Those Smoky mountain refs seem to let them play too physical and make too many inconsistent calls. Which ever court they play on...I just hope we can keep the GP women happy. We had sailors blushing listening to some of the screaming F-bombs and other descriptive adjectives. Coach Wright himself asked the district tournament coordinators if they would have some of the local churches volunteer to provide child care for some of the tiny sports fans that had their verbal horizons broadened. In this day and age, children are going to hear that language at school, on the TV, or even at hilltop family reunions... but to hear it from mad mamas and visiting head coaches is a little shocking... even for adults.

Was the game not played in Fulton? If so my friend, that would be Knox South Association and not Smoky mountain.....