AAA Poll---Bearden/Overton ahead of Southwind??? ROFL

BallerGuru

Basically keeping the substate format similiar to how district tourneys are. Heres the possible regional matchups right now,

1.Ridgeway vs 4. Melrose

2.Southwind vs 3. Memphis East

3.Germantown vs 2. Central

4. Overton/Wooddale vs 1. White Station

So the first round winners would assure themselves advancing to next week. The after things play out they'll play the seed froms from Region 7. So possibly this coud be a possible sub-state

1. White Station vs. 4. Dyer County

2.Ridgeway vs. 3. Bartlett

3. Southwind vs. 2. Jackson Northside

4. Central vs. 1. Craigmont

Simply put the winners, would receive a bid from state, basically sending two teams from each Region there. The only problem might be that Memphis would probably eliminate most of the Region 7 teams most of the time though. I don't exactly remember the Sub-State formula. Things get fuzzy after Regionals. :thumb:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically keeping the substate format similiar to how district tourneys are. Heres the possible regional matchups right now,

1.Ridgeway vs 4. Melrose

2.Southwind vs 3. Memphis East

3.Germantown vs 2. Central

4. Overton/Wooddale vs 1. White Station

So the first round winners would assure themselves advancing to next week. The after things play out they'll play the seed froms from Region 7. So possibly this coud be a possible sub-state

1. White Station vs. 4. Dyer County

2.Ridgeway vs. 3. Bartlett

3. Southwind vs. 2. Jackson Northside

4. Central vs. 1. Craigmont

Simply put the winners, would receive a bid from state, basically sending two teams from each Region there. The only problem might be that Memphis would probably eliminate most of the Region 7 teams most of the time though. I don't exactly remember the Sub-State formula. Things get fuzzy after Regionals. :thumb:

Thats what I thought... great format thats an easy way to figure out who is the absolute best, but it does leave room for mistakes as well.

Personally I think expanding the state tourney to 16 would really help. Most years 4 teams from the Memphis area are deserving or could win state. I can't speak for other areas, but I think it would assure that the best teams are really there.

I completely agree. Eliminate substate take the top two from each region and make a 16 team state tournament. I think that would be great. The problem is that the TSSAA is looking to move in the other direction, cutting it down to the final 4 for the state instead of 8. I think a 16 team tournament would be awesome, and it would definetly allow for more opportunities and give more kids the memory of playing in the state tournament.