AC vs Clinton Squirmish

feartheveer

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well emotions always run high in the AC vs Clinton matchup and that didn't change last night. After Clinton missed a shot, they fouled a player from AC. Don't really know if it was a very hard foul but the player from AC didn't like it to much. After that a clinton player pushed a AC player. That was it, it really wasn't a big deal I didn't think. Stuff like that is going to happen in a game like that. But there is NO way that Bradley Williams should have tossed from the game. He did nothing but take a elbow to the mouth which would require stiches and he gets tossed. The refs were terrible last night on both ends, and in the end only Clinton was given a T. Crazy if you ask me but AC won the game, hats off to their players and coaches, they played a solid game and hit big shots in OT.

I happened to see the game last night at Clinton. What struck me was the fact that the Clinton boys were fouling so hard down 7 with 1 second to go. If their coach calls his boys off none of this happens. The AC player hit the Clinton kid in the mouth with the ball when he was being fouled. Couldn't tell if it was intentional or not. The refs made no call at this point, but the Clinton post player then was T'ed up for shoving one of AC's boys. After that the kid from AC was going toward his bench when the Clinton player who's mouth was busted chased after him cussing. The ref then tried to stop him from following the player and the Clinton player cussed him out and was ejected. This is first hand knowledge from one of the referees who happens to be a friend of mine. He also mentioned that this was not the first time the kid had been ejected this season. This looks to hurt Clinton alot because the player is pretty good. It really was a great game until this happened. I wonder why the Clinton players were fouling so hard with 1 second to go and no chance to win. Maybe a question for the coaching staff.

I happened to see the game last night at Clinton. What struck me was the fact that the Clinton boys were fouling so hard down 7 with 1 second to go. If their coach calls his boys off none of this happens. The AC player hit the Clinton kid in the mouth with the ball when he was being fouled. Couldn't tell if it was intentional or not. The refs made no call at this point, but the Clinton post player then was T'ed up for shoving one of AC's boys. After that the kid from AC was going toward his bench when the Clinton player who's mouth was busted chased after him cussing. The ref then tried to stop him from following the player and the Clinton player cussed him out and was ejected. This is first hand knowledge from one of the referees who happens to be a friend of mine. He also mentioned that this was not the first time the kid had been ejected this season. This looks to hurt Clinton alot because the player is pretty good. It really was a great game until this happened. I wonder why the Clinton players were fouling so hard with 1 second to go and no chance to win. Maybe a question for the coaching staff.

Great post, indiangiver! This pretty much sums it up.... The game was out of reach at the point when this chaos began. IMHO, the AC player should not have been ejected. Why did AC only shoot 2 FT's? Even if the ejections cancelled each other out; #24 was also given a T and there was a personal as well. I know AC won the game and the point is mute, but I just didnt understand the ruling.

Yea a great question! I bet the Clinton coaching staff told the players to foul with the intent to start a fight! You are crazy for these comments in your post. You are way off with your statment of the kid chasing after the kid from AC, not what happened at all. The kid told the ref what happened to his lip, that is all he did. And second, the two kids were locked together on a rebound so there was no intent of fouling any player hard, it just happenes sometimes in the game of basketball. There should have been no ejections, and 2 T's maybe. #24 should have been given a T because he pushed a AC player, and a second T for saying something to the offical about what happened to his lip. If you really want to get technical, give the kid from AC who caught the Clinton player with an elbow an intentional foul or something but he did not deserve to get tossed either. This whole situation was blown way out proportion first by the officals, and second by fans like yourself. So before you start trying to bash the Clinton players and their coaches, get your facts straight please.

The young man from Clinton is done for the year. Apparently he also spit blood on the official while he was cursing at him. There are rumors of another clinton player that might be in some trouble outside of school, but I will not put his name or allegations on here. I hope Lockard can rally his boys, district starts next week, and everyone knows what that school has been dealing with lately.