Thoughts on Leslie Cates Memorial Fall Classic

Sidetrain

I would like to thank every team that came to the tournament. Without each team it would not have happen. The winners of each division was as follows: 10u- Thunder Katz, 12U Ky Blaze, 14u- Owensboro Twisters, 16u-Extreme Edge. I would like to say I am sorry to Crossville Cyclones for all the trouble that was caused with their group. This was ours first tournament we put on. It was my first as Tournament Director. I made a lot of mistakes. I tried to make it right with each and every person. I have not yet look at the money to see if Community High will get their money for lights. We need to make after expenses $5000. I would also like to give a BIG thanks to Norm Jenks for all he did to help and Tim Tipps for bringing his team and even helping get the field ready Sunday morning. Don Price of Shelbyville and his coaching staff were great to provide some of their parents to help with books and other things around. Thanks to Hillard Gardner Softball league for use of their stuff to get things working on the Fields. And I would like to THANK EVERY UMPIRE THAT HELPED US AND PARENTS OF SOUTHERN INVADERS FOR DOING THINGS THAT MADE THE TOURNAMENT GO. We are planning to have it again next year about the third weekend of September. This time we will look at getting a TV close by for the UT game. We will improve the tournament each and every year. If you came to the tournament please Send me a letter about what you feel that I could have done better. Or what you would like to see happen.

My address is Jim Graves

3928 Hwy 41A North

Chapel Hill, TN 37034

Email: JLGraves@united.net ;)

[Edited by Sidetrain on 9-23-02 8:47P]

Jim

The tournament went real well for this being your first year, the Lady (Warriors) Devilettes from Culleoka had a great time and enjoyed the tournament. We will return next year to ensure your light project gets completed, my hats off to you and your staff-job well done and look forward to next year. Another great supporter to add to the list of girls fastpitch, again great job Jim.

Thank you

Norm Jenks

Culleoka Devilettes ;)