District 8-AA Tourney

ukhoops

The officiating wasn't great but it never seems to be in this area. I watched the game and, Imo, the difference of 19-2 free throws was a little one-sided . The call at halftime was questionable. But---putting all that aside, it's hard to win when your'e two down with about two mins. to go and you hold the ball in the backcourt rather than attack the basket.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 on 11 will def be the matchup to watch, two great ball handlers, shooters, and fierce competators. If Cannon can be lucky enough to have the same ref as they had at home against LA (calling a horrible loose ball foul with game tied and .08 seconds left in the game) and in LA and Cannons boys game fri. same ref(giving Cannon a time-out on a loose ball at an important time in the game, He definetley seems to favor the Lions)! It may be fair since Biles can reach-in all night and not get called, #30 can set moving screens, and Dyer can pack bags and not get called for travelling! Should be a good one, right down to the last .08 seconds!

11 on 11 will def be the matchup to watch, two great ball handlers, shooters, and fierce competators. If Cannon can be lucky enough to have the same ref as they had at home against LA (calling a horrible loose ball foul with game tied and .08 seconds left in the game) and in LA and Cannons boys game fri. same ref(giving Cannon a time-out on a loose ball at an important time in the game, He definetley seems to favor the Lions)! It may be fair since Biles can reach-in all night and not get called, #30 can set moving screens, and Dyer can pack bags and not get called for travelling! Should be a good one, right down to the last .08 seconds!

"little c" sounds like you and "big daddy'' been smoking that pipe WAY too much if you think ANY of the refs have been favoring Cannon!!!!!!!!

"little c" sounds like you and "big daddy'' been smoking that pipe WAY too much if you think ANY of the refs have been favoring Cannon!!!!!!!!

No pipe since college and then I didnt inhale :ph34r: Not sure if that ref was favoring Cannon or if he was hitting the pipe! All jokes and smack talk aside, I have much respect for these to teams and their coaches. They are both very deserving of the championship. I vented my frustrations but I do wish both teams best of luck and I know all 4 8aa teams will represent their schools and our district well in the region!!! :flower:

This district has played "hack a shaq" on the Dyer kid for 4 years now. She gets roughed up pretty good inside, and if she gets close to someone on the D end it too often ends up in a foul. The officiating against the Dyer kid and the Ferriss kid at Smith Co. has been completely unfair. Period.

Im with the rest of you, it has been pretty unfair one way or another all year. Not the best officiating that I have seen. And you never can predict who it will go against. So unpredictable.

But. you have to play over that to win any of the valuable hardware. SO, lets get it on!!!

(by the way, I do have one favorite ref, cannot remember what game it was at UHS, but the older fella who calls for a "full flavored time out". That fella is awesome. Good ref. and even better attitude!!

Go baby girl - GO!

Give momma those bags and you stop that traveling right now!!! lol

Just make sure you stop all traffic in the middle of that lane tonight!!!

Defense will always win games, especially the big games!! :flower:

GOOOOOO BEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Pondexter..where in the world have you been?? I aint heard form you since CC got the smackdown in the football playoffs...And i aint said a thang about refs yet so who's on the pipe me?? or the one with the FRO?? :lol: see ya tonight..look me up! :lol: