TOP 10 Players for 8A?

tnfan1001

These are all good players with a few alternates.

1st 5 (in no order)

Sarah Page, Watertown

Ciera Holder, Trousdale

Andi Morrisett, Friendship

Layce Colter, Red Boiling

Samantha Wright, Gordonsville

2nd 5 (in no order)

Morgan Gartner, Watertown

Katy Belcher, Trousdale

Morgan Burgener, Red Boiling

Heather Jenkins, Red Boiling

Morgan Dillard, Gordonsville

6 Possible Alternates for 2nd 5

Kaitlyn Teeter, Friendship

Mackenzie Painter, Red Boiling

Sydney Shoulders, Trousdale

Shelby Gregory, Trousdale

Stefanie Edgell, Gordonsville

Laurel Burroughs, Friendship

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who made all district and who got MVP?

I haven't heard.

I think Morrisett is MVP. She plays defense and her team would be 0-8 in district without her. She scores a lot in a offense that doesn't seem to help her at all. Colter is great at offense but I haven't seen any defense so I couldn't give mvp to her.

I think coach of the year is Gordonsville, or Trousdale. They both beat Red Boiling and have both made their teams better. Friendship and Red Boiling might be in the finals of district but it isn't coaching. Red Boiling only trys to get Colter to score and Friendship doesn't use Morrisett at all. No way they deserve coach of the year.

Dont really see the Page girl as first team. Believe i would have to put Burroughs from FCS on the second team not 3rd team...

Burroughs is a good player but always seems to turn the ball over. She might even be a 1st team player if her coach played her at post. She would score more in the post.

I haven't heard.

I think Morrisett is MVP. She plays defense and her team would be 0-8 in district without her. She scores a lot in a offense that doesn't seem to help her at all. Colter is great at offense but I haven't seen any defense so I couldn't give mvp to her.

I think coach of the year is Gordonsville, or Trousdale. They both beat Red Boiling and have both made their teams better. Friendship and Red Boiling might be in the finals of district but it isn't coaching. Red Boiling only trys to get Colter to score and Friendship doesn't use Morrisett at all. No way they deserve coach of the year.

You have lost your mind. Everybody said this fcs would be bad after we lost carly warmath last year.Coach teeter has done a great job with these girls.They play as a team dont start to say they would be 0-8 in the district your full of CRAP.If it wasnt andi scoring it would be one of the other girls step up.And if you think gordonsville or trousdale coaches are so good why did theY get beat by fcs.Heck trousdale coach had 3 chances and still couldnt do it.And trousdale shut down andi and HOLY MERCY WE STILL WON.

Layce Colter is the best player in the district hands down! I am from RBS so people think my opinion may be a little biased but I don't care! According to the tennessean she leads the state in scoring, and one of the top players in state in points per game! Next year she SHOULD be a miss basketball finalist, and not only is she the best player in this district she's top 3 in the region! Yes RBS does try and feed her the ball a lot, and in my mind too much at times, but it still doesn't take away from the fact she's obviously the best player in the district! I've watched every team in the district play this year and there is no better player! If I thought there was a better player I would say so and so was a better player but their's not!

by swanson71 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Layce Colter is the best player in the district hands down! I am from RBS so people think my opinion may be a little biased but I don't care! According to the tennessean she leads the state in scoring, and one of the top players in state in points per game! Next year she SHOULD be a miss basketball finalist, and not only is she the best player in this district she's top 3 in the region! Yes RBS does try and feed her the ball a lot, and in my mind too much at times, but it still doesn't take away from the fact she's obviously the best player in the district! I've watched every team in the district play this year and there is no better player! If I thought there was a better player I would say so and so was a better player but their's not!

Layce is right up there with the leaders but there are a few ahead of her in scoring. In single A

Beth Hawn (21.5 ppg) from Forrest and Terrah Garner from Pickett (21.7 ppg) exceed

Colter's 20.9 ppg (as of 2/20). Outstanding stats by all 3.

by swanson71 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Layce is right up there with the leaders but there are a few ahead of her in scoring. In single A

Beth Hawn (21.5 ppg) from Forrest and Terrah Garner from Pickett (21.7 ppg) exceed

Colter's 20.9 ppg (as of 2/20). Outstanding stats by all 3.

Well the garner girl does a lot for her team,but as far as being valuable to your team i would have to vote for the colter girl just on games that i have seen this year.I havent seen the hawn girl play so i cant say.IMO

Well its funny some people say things and dont know these girls .To me all are girls on the FCS team are special .No body needs to be singled out and i think our starting five could start on anybodys team they are all valuable players.We need to remember one thing these are just kids playing a game.And it has been fun watching you girls play this year.Andi,hayden,kaitlyn,traci,laurel the starting five.Remember one thing all these girls are back for next year to. :flower:

Friendship and Red Boiling might be in the finals of district but it isn't coaching. Red Boiling only trys to get Colter to score and Friendship doesn't use Morrisett at all. No way they deserve coach of the year.

[so let me get this right both of the top two teams are in the finals.They finished the regular season number one FCS and two RBS.And coaching had nothing to do with it?Come on just admit it FCS,and RBS spanked your team and you dont like our coaches.With out a doubt there are some great players on both teams.But i will tell you one thing I will take my coach Teeter over your trousdale,gordonsville coach that as you put it (made there team better).Coach Teeter cares about the girls and is doing a good job teaching basketball and life lessons along with it.So you can think what you want but LOOK OUR COACH GOT US TO DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP GAME .ENJOY watching from the stands. :flower:

I haven't heard.

You have lost your mind. Everybody said this fcs would be bad after we lost carly warmath last year.Coach teeter has done a great job with these girls.They play as a team dont start to say they would be 0-8 in the district your full of CRAP.If it wasnt andi scoring it would be one of the other girls step up.And if you think gordonsville or trousdale coaches are so good why did theY get beat by fcs.Heck trousdale coach had 3 chances and still couldnt do it.And trousdale shut down andi and HOLY MERCY WE STILL WON.
If my information is correct Trousdale would of won if they had just hit 25% of the shots they missed. They lost because of a bad shooting night. They shut Morrisett down by playing that BOX and 1. They played good defense. I bet Trousdale beats them next year.