4 Fulton, 4-0, 26.3, 7.8, 7-9

5 Austin East, 2-1, 29.7, 7.0, 8-4

6 Marshall County, 4-0, 30.5, 9.3, 7-9

7 Trousdale County, 4-0, 35.5, 6.8, 4-12

8 Covington, 4-0, 31.3, 11.5, 4-11

9 Kingston, 4-0, 28.0, 9.8, 4-12

10 Obion Central, 3-1, 28.8, 17.5 10-6

Honorable Mention:

Gatlinburg Pittman (3-1), Macon Co. (3-1), Greenbrier (3-1), McNairy Central (3-1), Ripley (3-1)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a true Kingston fan. You might as well admit it, you hate AC! No team in 3A has played the non-region schedule that the Mavericks have played! Week 1 beat what seems to be a much better (5A) Oak Ridge team! Week 3 beat a very talented (4A) Knox. West team! Now this week the Mavs play their final non-region game against arch-rival (4A) Clinton! The Mavs non-region games are against the larger schools not the smaller ones! Tell the truth Swamp, you hate the Mavs. Your past history says so!

Posted by grizzly:

You are a true Kingston fan. You might as well admit it, you hate AC! No team in 3A has played the non-region schedule that the Mavericks have played! Week 1 beat what seems to be a much better (5A) Oak Ridge team! Week 3 beat a very talented (4A) Knox. West team! Now this week the Mavs play their final non-region game against arch-rival (4A) Clinton! The Mavs non-region games are against the larger schools not the smaller ones! Tell the truth Swamp, you hate the Mavs. Your past history says so!

Actually I have friends from AC (although they've been out of school for some time). I didn't exactly put them behind Kingston, now, did I?! I think their non-region schedule is admirable. I'm not going to put them ahead of last year's state runner-up who is allowing less than 6 ppg, though. AC's region schedule to date hasn't been much. Smith Co. has played a tough schedule as well, just not against 5A teams. Knox West is not that great a team. Oak Ridge is a pretty good 5A team. Clinton is about the same as West, *and* that game hasn't been played yet. These rankings aren't based on games not yet played!

Where would you rank the Mavs??

Posted by swamp:
Posted by grizzly:

Actually I have friends from AC (although they've been out of school for some time). I didn't exactly put them behind Kingston, now, did I?! I think their non-region schedule is admirable. I'm not going to put them ahead of last year's state runner-up who is allowing less than 6 ppg, though. AC's region schedule to date hasn't been much. Smith Co. has played a tough schedule as well, just not against 5A teams. Knox West is not that great a team. Oak Ridge is a pretty good 5A team. Clinton is about the same as West, *and* that game hasn't been played yet. These rankings aren't based on games not yet played!

Where would you rank the Mavs??

Gotta back you up swamp, though you really don't need it.

West has beaten a young Alcoa team and a Bearden team whose only win is a 14-7 decision over winless Karns. West Got handled by AC and Central before falling late to Clinton.

Clinton lost to Carter, who lost to Campbell County...need I say more.

Oak Ridge is decent this year, but I'm not sure how far they advance this year. This ain't your daddy's Wildcats team.

AC will be a force to deal with in the playoffs. I'd like to be able to see the AC/Fulton or the AC/A-E games, but I won't be able to unless it's in the playoffs probably.

Posted by grizzly:

You seem to have a dislike for the Mavericks, and I am not sure that AC should be ranked anyway! Since last season, your posts concerning AC have been very pessimistic. If I am wrong, I'm sorry for the comment!

I don't remember saying a whole lot about AC at all! I picked AE to repeat, or at least put them at the top pre-season as the defending champ. I've repeatedly defended region 2 vs. region 4. I've always praised AC as an upper-level team when defending region 2....

I remember debating Smith Co. and Gordansville a lot. I remember asking for help with the west. I've predicted Kingston to go 7-3 when a lot of people think they may go 4-6 again.

Right now I have AC as the highest rated team in region 2, ahead of both AE and Fulton and Kingston. I'm not sure where you're seeing an anti-AC bias. I have a team I actually have criticized (a lot) at #1. I have last year's runner up at #2.

Kev, what's wrong with your Pioneers? Looks like they'll have a hard time even making the playoffs....

I'm not sure what to think about the Jackets. I've only seen them in person once this year. They are better than last year, but so is our middle school team, I'd say. Kingston still has a long, long way to go. I'll be really happy if they go 3-3 down the stretch and get in the playoffs.

Posted by swamp:

Kev, what's wrong with your Pioneers? Looks like they'll have a hard time even making the playoffs....

I'm not sure what to think about the Jackets. I've only seen them in person once this year. They are better than last year, but so is our middle school team, I'd say. Kingston still has a long, long way to go. I'll be really happy if they go 3-3 down the stretch and get in the playoffs.

We're young swamp. 6 seniors, 26 sophomores. Can't remember the last time that ratio was that large.

On the bright side, I was told the offense looked better last Friday. Had an 8 minute drive for a TD and a 6 minute drive that wound up with a fumble at the Chuckey-Doak 8.

But it was against C-D.

We need lots of help to make the playoffs, or we have to knock off one of the 'Big Three.'

Posted by grizzly:

I'd like to trade Oak Ridge for South Green! How about the common opponent in Gibbs! Rutledge must have not attended the contest! I knew it wouldn't take long for a paperboy to chime in!

Whatever man. I try to speak my mind and give AC a little plug at the end and you go and pull that crap.

Never again will I say anything nice about 'Lyin' Larry's Mavs.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 9-23-02 12:07P]

Posted by swamp:

You are talking in circles, grizzly. AC kills Gibbs, we win by 7, Gibbs hammers Rutledge. I don't have Rutledge ranked (mainly b/c they are 1-3) and I have AC 6 spots ahead of Kingston. I just don't see how that makes me a Mav-hater.

Rutledge is 2-2 swamp..need all the wins we can get this year. ;)