Melrose Defeats White Station in 16-AAA Championship

orangemoundwest

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best games I've seen in a long time. The players decided that one. Melrose just too deep, athletic, and physical. Hollins and Burton didn't assert themselves in the second half. Or Maybe the Melrose defense took them out of the game. Jackson played like Jackson. And I like how JJ went to the 2 young men and sat his starting juniors and senior. They both played well, especially Hampton.

Nate Rucker is quickly shutting up his critics. That second half he played was MVP worthy. Which he did receive. This was a game for the ages. For all yall that missed this, sorry. Chris Jones ran the team perfectly. I thought JJ was loosing his mind when he sat Rucker for the entire second quarter after picking up 1 foul but he look like a genius now. The posterizing of Nino Johnson changed the game. White Station relied on jump shots the entire game. They was on fire for 3 quarters. Late in the game when their legs was rubbery their shots was coming up short. They must utilize their post more. We always chew coach JJ up when we dont think he coached well but this time Hats off our young coach. They did not panic and hit their FTs. Nothing more can be said. Congrats Melrose Golden Wildcats and MVP Nate Rucker. I know big Nate Proud.

Melrose erased a 10 point halftime deficit to defeat White Station 71-64

Sounds like it was a great game.

Melrose seems to have "righted" the ship just in time and are (clearly) peaking at the right time!

By overcoming a 10-point deficit, the Golden Wildcats have once again demonstrated their new-found "mental toughness" and the ability to get the job done in the clutch. While I did not attend this game, it's a safe bet that Melrose is now (finally) playing like they BELIEVE......they believe that they are the elite team that many folks (myself included) predicted.

I will have to go with the Experience of Ridgeway. But hey its tournament time anything can happen.

Ridgeway simply has Southwind's "number!" Until Southwind finally defeats them, then "smart money" says to pick Ridgeway again (3 to 7 points) -- especially on the neutral court @ Woodale.

Nevertheless, I expect that tomorrow's night game will be every bit as exciting as tonight's Melrose-White Station, reportedly.

With the way the 2 teams have been playing lately, I think Southwind finally gets over the hump tomorrow night. And u better expect them to bring their Grade A-plus plus game. Ridgeway has to go back and get that fire they had up until the last 2 weeks. I think Henning can get his troops up for it, and it'll be a classic.

But again, this Melrose/WS game was just everything you could want. Loved it.

With the way the 2 teams have been playing lately, I think Southwind finally gets over the hump tomorrow night. And u better expect them to bring their Grade A-plus plus game. Ridgeway has to go back and get that fire they had up until the last 2 weeks. I think Henning can get his troops up for it, and it'll be a classic.

But again, this Melrose/WS game was just everything you could want. Loved it.

Southwind has an EXCELLENT State-Championship caliber team, especially when their Freshman Center/Forward (Williams) plays extended minutes.

Ridgeway has an EXCELLENT State-Championship caliber team, especially when Big-Man Tarik Black gets a bunch of touches.

Two big-time "Heavyweights" will be on full display, tomorrow night-- for a good old-fashioned, 15 round slug-fest!