Mr. Basketball Finalists

Ticket

Seems like White Station might have won a few games before Joe Jackson was there. Taking one player from White Station and then they become last, might be a little extreme. Don't get me wrong Jackson is the the best player in the State has been for the past 3 years.

What difference do winning games before Joe Jackson has to do with anything....No it's not extreme, if you take Joe Jackson off of WS, they would be battling for last with Hamilton and Mitchell.

terop is right. one player can make a an extreme difference in a team. How many teams have you watched that was 1 or 2 players short of being a contender. Great pg "greatness" is not so much in how many points they score individually but how they make the rest of the team great.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha now this is funny.I was just curious about him signing not that it should play in to the award. PLus I'm no way a Memphis homer, I'm just a basketball junkie that states facts my friend. Downtown White Station is not Oak Hill. They have one superstar another solid player, and some decent players. Without Joe, White Station would be last. Now Prather is even more crucial to his team. He is really a sf but plays c for Northside, and he gets all the rebounds and leads them in every other stat. Without him Northside starters would be much smaller than 6'1. Now you said this award should be based on your high school achievements not who you sign with....Casey Prather averages like 27 ppg and 15 rebounds. Joe Jackson is the leading scorer in Memphis averaging around 33 ppg.

I agree with your points, except for these 2... "Northside starters would be much smaller than 6'1 & Prather is really a sf but plays c for Northside" Casey doesn't play C for Northside if you were to classify his position for Northside it would be the SF. Sometimes runs the offense for others like a PG, sometimes will post up like a C, but most of the time he plays the SF position. And here is Northside's starters and height: Prather 6'6 Long 6'2 Musgrave 6'0 M. Tomlin 6'7 Black 5'6... only 2 starters are under 6'1 and they have bench players Echols 6'1 Hurt 6'2 Arnold 6'4 O. Johnson 6'4 Z. Johnson 5'10 Flagg 5'8 Hendrix 6'0 McCuller 5'8 Mercer 6'3 D. Tomlin 5'3... They don't have some of the size as some times but they aren't that small either without Prather. But I agree without Casey on Northside and Joe on White Station, those teams wouldn't be where they are today.

Seems like White Station might have won a few games before Joe Jackson was there. Taking one player from White Station and then they become last, might be a little extreme. Don't get me wrong Jackson is the the best player in the State has been for the past 3 years.

What difference do winning games before Joe Jackson has to do with anything....No it's not extreme, if you take Joe Jackson off of WS, they would be battling for last with Hamilton and Mitchell.

So you think that despite their many championships and their history of being one of the best programs in tennessee, that the loss of one (GREAT) player will result in them scrapping the bottom of the barrell. Will they be sitting on top, most likely not, but LAST. White Station folks when was the last time you were LAST in the district. White Station seems to go from one Mr. Basketball contender to the next.

So you think that despite their many championships and their history of being one of the best programs in tennessee, that the loss of one (GREAT) player will result in them scrapping the bottom of the barrell. Will they be sitting on top, most likely not, but LAST. White Station folks when was the last time you were LAST in the district. White Station seems to go from one Mr. Basketball contender to the next.

Yes according to your statements White Station would be battling it out for last place. UNC has many national championships and their in the hunt for last in the ACC...LIke I said earlier White Station is not Oak Hill Academy or even Memphis Melrose with the luxury of losing a great player and still capable of blowing out teams....Joe Jackson means just as much to his team as the other guy you've named period....He deserves to be a Mr. Basketball finalist

Still not debating the fact that he should be Mr. Basketball, just condricting the idea that White Station would finish last. UNC lost more than 1 player Lawson, Green, Ellington, some gut wearing #50. Yes they will slip not to the bottom. Just my thought, we will see next year i guess.

Alright dude...right now without Joe Jackson in their tough district with other great teams WS will be roaming around the bottom with Mitchell and whomever else....The district won't be as tough next year like this year having 4 potential state caliber teams..

Did you play DB? That is some quick back peddalling.

Nal I played pg....your point from the start is invalid. Case closed. Joe was nominated and should win regardless of him signing with Memphis. His body of work speaks for himself. What value do Joe have on next years team....hmmm nuthing

Lets take a look at my point from the start.....

I know, I have seen him play he is the best. Not getting it his sophmore year was understandable , his junior year was a joke, He will finally get it this year. Hints the "Jackson is the the best player in the State has been for the past 3 years", just think that WS deserves a little more respect than dumping the rest of the kids to the bottom of the heep. Bring down a player's team does not lift them up. He is a great player (one of our state's best ever) playing with other good players = great team.