Memphis Regionals

JodyJoe

Ridgeway vs Memphis East- Ridgeway should control most of this game as their guards are just as good as East's. East has two solid post players in Nick King and Jarkerious Bradley, but they both play outside-in. The duo of Brandon Lewis and Tarik Black should also control the paint area. If East's threes aren't falling the outcome could be worse than the Southwind game last night.

Southwind vs. Memphis Central- This could be the only first round Regional that might be interesting. Who ever controls the tempo will win this game. Central has a big frontline, and just enough firepower on the outside to contend with Southwind. Southwind should try and attack the rim and get Stokes or Clear in foul problem. DARIOUS PAIGE should be starting. He's number 22.

White Station vs. Overton- Eh I believe the Spartans won't struggle with a good, but not great Overton team who has no answer for Joe Jackson.

Melrose vs. Germantown- Gtown is on a two game losing streak. They were beaten by Southwind and blasted by Overton. This team just doesn't play enough defense to make it out of Memphis. Melrose beats them in similiar fashion as no one on that team can guard Adonis Thomas.

Predictions: Ridgeway by 15, Central by 4, White Station by 12, Melrose by 14

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Memphis Regional is brutal!!!! Im as big as a Bearden fan as there is, but to see the Bulldogs coming out of the Regional is a far stretch. Its unfortunate that only 2 teams can make the State from Memphis. I would love to be at some of those games...especially the Region Semis!!! Best of luck to all teams, and we hope to see ya in a couple of weeks

JodyJoe where will the regional semifinals be played and what day? Monday? Those two games will be worth two admissions. Like you said whomever can make it out there alive will be rejoicing for Joy...

Regionals semis are Tuesday at Central.

Thanks Nebuntyn, I will be there bright and early...

JodyJoe where will the regional semifinals be played and what day? Monday? Those two games will be worth two admissions. Like you said whomever can make it out there alive will be rejoicing for Joy...

Thanks Nebuntyn, I will be there bright and early...

Give me a shout when you get here Terop!

At Central?????!!!!!!!!!!!

Nebuntyn, man -- I sure hope you're joking!

There is NO WAY on God's green earth that Central's (or Melrose, or Ridgeway or Southwind) gym can even come close to holding all the thousands of fans, those that will want to see the Regional Semis!!!!!! Heck, even White Station's massive gym might be too small.

To me, moving this Regional is a NO-BRAINER!

MIAA Director (whoever it is) absolutely NEEDS to move that Regional to a much BIGGER gym, than Central's! At the very least, they should move it to White Station. It is by far the biggest gym in the City...... The old Mid South Coliseum would be perfect but, as I understand it, it has not been maintained; it's therefore unusable, not without MUCH repair work, upgrades, etc

----------------------------------------------------

Questions:

1) Anyway, am I the only one who feels that this Regional should be moved FROM Central and into a considerably bigger gym?

2) Is such a move even permissible?

3) Can MIAA make such a decision, or is this strictly a TSSAA issue?

The Forum would be perfect for three reasons.

1. The local players who watch NBA games there would get to play on the same floor.

2. It is the only logical venue in the city nice enough and big enough to accomidate the masses wanting to see the games.

3. The Forum is a lot closer to the Murphy Center unlike all high school gyms and would give the players an opportunity to shoot in a gym set up the same way.

Ridgeway vs Memphis East- Ridgeway should control most of this game as their guards are just as good as East's. East has two solid post players in Nick King and Jarkerious Bradley, but they both play outside-in. The duo of Brandon Lewis and Tarik Black should also control the paint area. If East's threes aren't falling the outcome could be worse than the Southwind game last night.

Southwind vs. Memphis Central- This could be the only first round Regional that might be interesting. Who ever controls the tempo will win this game. Central has a big frontline, and just enough firepower on the outside to contend with Southwind. Southwind should try and attack the rim and get Stokes or Clear in foul problem. DARIOUS PAIGE should be starting. He's number 22.

White Station vs. Overton- Eh I believe the Spartans won't struggle with a good, but not great Overton team who has no answer for Joe Jackson.

Melrose vs. Germantown- Gtown is on a two game losing streak. They were beaten by Southwind and blasted by Overton. This team just doesn't play enough defense to make it out of Memphis. Melrose beats them in similiar fashion as no one on that team can guard Adonis Thomas.

Predictions: Ridgeway by 15, Central by 4, White Station by 12, Melrose by 14

I agree with your assessments (and score-differential), especially about the Central -- Southwind game being the most interesting.

I agree with you 100% Trader...Will you be there? Also I smell an upset between Ridgeway and East... Do you agree?

I honestly not see East even coming close to defeating Ridgeway, not with East's style and Master Coach Henning at the Helm for Ridgeway.

Ridgeway's defense is going to severely disrupt East's preferred flow, take them out of their comfort zone then cause them all kinds of problems. East will then become very frustrated and start firing up even more quick, errant, long-range shots.... As the frustration mounts, Ridgeway will start getting a bunch of cheap and easy buckets.....the wheels will then quickly fall off for East. The rout will be on!

This Regional Semi-Finals WILL be a sellout.....EARLY, very early!

I want to attend this Regional Semi-final, but probably will not make it. I doubt very seriously that I'll be finished with work, in time enough to even come close to getting in to see the games....The first game starts at 6 pm.

The White Station fans are notorious for arriving extremely early for big games-- home or away. They have enough loyal fans to fill an entire side of Central's gym....and then some! Heck, their raucuous student-body alone will probably take up 1/2 the side! That's pretty much what happened when they played at Melrose, that first time around (when folks were getting turned around at 5 pm, due to "over-capacity" and "no more tickets").

In addition to WS' fans, Rigdeway and Melrose both have a HUGE fan base--especially Melrose! These two schools, alone, can easily sell-out Central's gym! Heck, I haven't even mentioned Southwind's big following (it will be even bigger, should they make it) or the host school's (Central) super-excited fan base....

Furthermore, I haven't even mentioned all the neutral basketball fans that have waited all season long -- just to see these ELITE teams collide in a win-or-go-home Regional Semis.

Once any of the above basketball fans get into see the first Semi-final game, I doubt very seriously that a significant number of them are going to leave; they're very likely to stay for the 2nd Semi-final game, also!

---------------------------------------

Given the above, I think you can easily see....the DEMAND for this Regional Semi-Final is going to completely overwhelm the available supply of seats, very early in the day!

In order to be reasonably assured of getting in to see this Regional Semi-finals, I honestly think that one needs to...

1) buy their ticket in advance, if possible

2) arrive at 4:30 pm or even 4 pm, seriously!! (again, 1st game at 6 pm)