Maplewood???

Veer

I forgot all about boski..........this is an issue I woud never expect him to be so quiet about :thumb:

forget about me??? now why would you do that?? ..its just my off season right now. i check in from time to time.

“There was a lot that went into it (resigning), some of which I’d rather not get into,’’ Thompson said Tuesday afternoon. “But it’s not anything negative with the school or a having a situation where I’m leaving without any talent returning." True...

“I felt like I helped build the program back into a position of respectability,’’ said Thompson, a former star defensive back at Hillwood High and at Georgia.

Yes he did ..and i have much respect for the other "Coach T" - double shout out :)

“I feel like whomever gets this job will have plenty of talent, it’s just a matter of harnessing and channeling that talent to be as good as it can be.’’ ...so true he said it twice.

I have my opinion on whom i think should take over for Coach Thompson for atleast this up coming season i've already seen his name a few times, Coach Dorris Armstrong, I think he should be given a shot after all he already knows most of these young men, he knows the system, and he has coached and won games (region title game vs Whites Creek) with these guys ...like in those quotes from above. Thompson knows whats there and id bet you he would not want to face them with another team!

I think this Panther squad is ready for a deep run in the playoffs ... very deep, they are loaded ...and a change now in my opinion would not be in the panthers favor.

Even though they could win many games on talent alone ...that wont be enough to win it all ..these guys are already on the right path they just need to stay on it ...if there is someone that can harness and channel that talent right now and keep them on that path ...this season its Armstrong.

Me head coach at Maplewood?? ..i could do it ...but i pulled a muscle in my back fishing ...it was the biggest one ever!!! ...fought for hours!! thats when my dog awakened me from my dream

right before i landed the mass super crappie in the super XL200 net. if not for that then yeah i could do it. :thumb:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

howdoitknow,now that i have tried to clear up who the next coach at maplewood will be, i still would like to hear your thoughts on the cheatham scimmage with station camp. what do you think was some positives and neg of the scrim was? considering the fumbles will not be a problem when seasons starts thought offense was doing ok up front,as matter of fact thought line was doing good on both sides? :thumb::thumb:

If this is indeed true Congratz Coach Armstrong?

But this goes to form in Metro, in with the old.

You telling me that there were not any candidates that were qualified.

So Wes Elrod come on back and run the offense.

That Good Ole Boy System at its best!

Congratz Coach Armstrong.

hey wait a second .... i said i would keep Armstrong in for atleast this year ..really i dont know what Maplewood has planned this time.. all i know is they have a ton of talent ...and need to stay on the path that they have made.

I thought the scrimmage was a success. There were some balls laid on the ground but as a whole I liked how the young guys competed. I feel that this year's team is going to be improved. In 2011 & 2012 it is a team that I think has a shot to be as successful as the teams from 1994 & 1995, 2004 & 2005. Lots of work between now and then..... :D

If this is indeed true Congratz Coach Armstrong?

But this goes to form in Metro, in with the old.

You telling me that there were not any candidates that were qualified.

So Wes Elrod come on back and run the offense.

That Good Ole Boy System at its best!

Congratz Coach Armstrong.

This isnt a metro thing its a people thing in general. Today its not what you know its who you know. Look at Henry County's thread for example.

NCS any chance of you sticking around and going for McGavock? Could be a good fit for you there.

“There was a lot that went into it (resigning), some of which I’d rather not get into,’’ Thompson said Tuesday afternoon. “But it’s not anything negative with the school or a having a situation where I’m leaving without any talent returning." True...

I have my opinion on whom i think should take over for Coach Thompson for atleast this up coming season i've already seen his name a few times, Coach Dorris Armstrong, I think he should be given a shot after all he already knows most of these young men, he knows the system, and he has coached and won games (region title game vs Whites Creek) with these guys ...like in those quotes from above. Thompson knows whats there and id bet you he would not want to face them with another team!

Notice he said it was nothing negative on the school or talent...didn't say it wasn't negative on him. Wonder why he doesn't want to get into it?

A great coordinator (which he is) doesn't always make a good HC.

• 3 weeks later...

Maplewood returns as much talent as anyone in the area. At 4A, they could contend for rings if the right person gets this job. Will Maplewood "sweep" into the next chapter of their history, stay "strong armed" defensively and play ball control, "Arr" it out with a surprise hire, see the return of "slickwilly", or return a seasoned vet like East?