Week 1 Games

Redtwin

MBA beat Louisville St. X 10-6 in a pretty lackluster game at MBA. The Big Red had a few too many unforced turnovers and MBA had a hard time putting shots on net. X was pretty average. The game was very chippy. I thought MBA's keeper did a good job once he got settled and the man-down unit did a nice job. I believe MBA scrimmaged McCallie the night before, so they could have been a little tired. Nice to start the season off with a win against an out of state opponent.

According to Laxpower, Centennial beat Ryan and Ensworth lost to Brentwood.

I heard MBA got back from Chattanooga at midnight. Guys were tired. They won the scrimmage against McCallie. Not sure of the score.

St X is 2-time defending state champ in KY.

I thought MBA's looked very solid. Midfield line of Curtis, Pagnani and Adams is going to be awesome. Near misses galore or this one could have been a blowout.

Charpentier is a nice addition at Attack.

I heard MBA got back from Chattanooga at midnight. Guys were tired. They won the scrimmage against McCallie. Not sure of the score.

St X is 2-time defending state champ in KY.

I thought MBA's looked very solid. Midfield line of Curtis, Pagnani and Adams is going to be awesome. Near misses galore or this one could have been a blowout.

Charpentier is a nice addition at Attack.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly agree that this team has tons of potential. That first midline is going to be fierce and you're right, Charpentier's ability to drive from X is certainly something MBA lacked at points last year. The first D midline also did a great job getting the ball up and down the field and Bracy was strong on face-offs. Goalie play was good after a couple cheap ones.

That being said, you could tell this was the first game with sloppy passing and bad angles being taken all game long. KY lacrosse is a significant step down from TN. St.X had a senior Middie/FOGO last year who signed at Denver and pretty much carried them for the past three years. There wasn't an offensive player on the team today who was a threat to go left but they still seemed to have success dodging. The Big Red Defense will have to step up (and I'm sure they will) as the season moves on.

It sounds like the McCallie scrimmage went well. I wouldn't put too much into that other than it was competitive. Coach Kemp has always cycled through a lot of players in early games so I would be willing to be he played the whole bench in a scrimmage.

All in all, though, it was a good start. If the second line middies clean up the ball skills and the defense keeps coming together, this team could be pretty tough.