Region 8AAA at Central

knoxbball

Here's what the ref does. He along with the rest of the crew allows Dyer Co play super aggressive, for example shoving players in the back for rebounds, going over the back for rebounds, flopping, and more. Yet then they force the other team to not play aggressive by calling every touch foul and some that are not even there. So just like against Bolton and Cordova, there opponent is faced with the bonus in the 3rd and maybe the double bonus by the beginning of the 4th, like against Bolton. The Refs change the way the game is played to help Dyer.

Thanks for the specifics about the refs!!!!

It is really a shame to hear about refs doing the sort of stuff that you outlined! It all reminds me of the "snow job" that the refs tried to put on undefeated Mphs Hamilton, years ago-- during its State Title game (win) over Shelbyville. I wonder if these are the same refs, rearing their ugly heads again...

Anayway, it was downright disgraceful to watch those refs blatantly try to take the game from Hamilton! Thank God they did not succeed.

AMEN TO THAT!! I was at that game and I was stand up and yelling so hard at the ref's and I didn't even live in Memphis. Myron Strong had all ball when Barry Stewart went up for that shot and anyone who says otherwise is blind like the ref was. It was such a shame that Hamilton wasn't at full strength after Jeremy Williams turned his ankle in the first game in Murfreesboro because Shelbyville wouldn't have even been close. Jay Watkins literally put that team on his back and would not be denied. It was about as bad as I have seen one player want it and will his team to vicory. Hate to see any team get screwed like Hamilton almost did.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melrose is back to early season form and even better. White Station was no match for them tonight. They played a very good defensive game. Nothing else to be said. Go Golden Wildcats.

Talent, belief and confidence are a deadly combination, one way or the other.

The way Melrose has been playing during the playoffs....It's blatantly obvious that they now (at long last) have 100% BELIEF and 100% CONFIDENCE in their elite talent, teamwork and ability to beat anybody and everybody on the basketball court!

Melrose is going to be very tough to beat.....and that's a severe understatement!

How far is Dyer County from Memphis. How long does it take to get there and how hard is it to get tickets?

hour and a half straight up 51. tickets arent hard to get, very large gym, top-feeder, and they usually dont have a problem with standing room only around the top of the gym. ws should be selling tickets monday morning, but id get there as early as possible to have a seat at all. bigger game than both BTW substate games combined, so the gym is guaranteed to be rockin.