State Tourney Predictions!!!!

OKCthunder11

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are all the teams that will be competing in the boro next week:

A-Oliver Springs, Harriman, Chatt. Arts & Sciences, Grace Baptist Academy,Clarksville Academy, Wayne Co,Humboldt, and Westwood

AA-Carter, Fulton, Tyner Academy, Howard, Marshall Co.,Bolivar, Liberty, and Maplewood(haven't seen a final for Maplewood but they were up 20 late so i assume they won.)

AAA-Melrose, White Station, Beech,Clarksville NE, Siegel, Columbia, Bearden, and Dobyns-Bennett

Good luck to all of these teams in the boro!!!

A-Oliver Springs, Harriman, Chatt. Arts & Sciences, Grace Baptist Academy,Clarksville Academy, Wayne Co,Humboldt, and Westwood

AA-Carter, Fulton, Tyner Academy, Howard, Marshall Co.,Bolivar, Liberty, and Maplewood(haven't seen a final for Maplewood but they were up 20 late so i assume they won.)

AAA-Melrose, White Station, Beech,Clarksville NE, Siegel, Columbia, Bearden, and Dobyns-Bennett

I'm going on a limb and predicting a West10 sweep this year...Fulton will be going for 3 in a row and I don't know much about the single a teams but I'm going with Humboldt. AAA will certainly come West but Beech and their three point shooting should be interesting and Clarksville NE had a pretty decent team last year with that one guard who torched Bearden...

Unless Oliver Springs, Harriman or Wayne County luck out and play one another they are one and done....I'd like to see Humboldt take on Grace Baptist...See if they can get a measure of revenge...An Arts & Sciences/Westwood match-up would be fun to watch....Hopefully Humboldt and Clarksville Acd won't draw each other in the first round and have another #1 vs #2 first round game....

P&G, I've pretty much given up on being optimistic when it comes to the state tourney draw...We're going to catch either Clarksville or Westwood in the first game...Let's think back to the 4 first round matchups Humboldt has had in the last five years...05' was Raleigh-Egypt, 06' was #1 ranked Cosby, 07' was Wayne Co., and last year was Manassas...Outside of Wayne Co., Humboldt's gotten a bad draw everytime...Now, the approach I want this year's team to take into the first round game is the same that they took in 06'...I promise you, the guys on Cosby's team that year are still hurting from that one :lol:

I say give us Clarksville or Westwood in that first game and go out and make a statement..

It does seem like the first round games are the most competitive but that is just pure unluck. I do wish the TSSAA would pair up teams based on their state rankings. They could get together a few days before the tourney and rank the teams. No matter who gets paired with who I am really excited about this year's tournament. I will only be able to make it up there friday but I know there will be great basketball all week long!!!

P&G, I've pretty much given up on being optimistic when it comes to the state tourney draw...We're going to catch either Clarksville or Westwood in the first game...Let's think back to the 4 first round matchups Humboldt has had in the last five years...05' was Raleigh-Egypt, 06' was #1 ranked Cosby, 07' was Wayne Co., and last year was Manassas...Outside of Wayne Co., Humboldt's gotten a bad draw everytime...Now, the approach I want this year's team to take into the first round game is the same that they took in 06'...I promise you, the guys on Cosby's team that year are still hurting from that one :thumb:

I say give us Clarksville or Westwood in that first game and go out and make a statement..

wait.. so humboldt is playing wayne co 1st round?