McEwen vs. Wayne County

twh06

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a close one. These teams are familiar with each other because McEwen goes to Wayne Co camp every year and they always play each other. I think the key is Tyler Rice. If McEwen keeps him in check they will have a great chance. Looking forward to two high schools who respect each other going at it. Good luck to both teams.

I take McEwen because Wayne county takes too many poor shots and McEwen plays excellent defense, they slow the game down to their pace. They also have better size than Wayne county so that might be to their favor. If tanner and tyler are hitting shots itll be a long night for WC.

I agree that WC has a bad habit of taking poor shots....but in the Regional Championship they came ready to play and their shot selection was much, much better....I think this will carry over to tonight. Also, I think WC has played a much tougher schedule including several AA and AAA schools while Clarksville Academy (who I admit is very good) has been McEwen's toughest opponent. Now this doen't always translate into an advantage, but I'm just throwing it out there. On WC's home floor and with the Rice boys big game experience, I'm giving them the advantage. WC by 5.

I take McEwen because Wayne county takes too many poor shots and McEwen plays excellent defense, they slow the game down to their pace. They also have better size than Wayne county so that might be to their favor. If tanner and tyler are hitting shots itll be a long night for WC.

I agree that WC has a bad habit of taking poor shots....but in the Regional Championship they came ready to play and their shot selection was much, much better....I think this will carry over to tonight. Also, I think WC has played a much tougher schedule including several AA and AAA schools while Clarksville Academy (who I admit is very good) has been McEwen's toughest opponent. Now this doen't always translate into an advantage, but I'm just throwing it out there. On WC's home floor and with the Rice boys big game experience, I'm giving them the advantage. WC by 5.

WC played the best game of the season the last game (Summertown) and the best come from behind game the game before that (Perry County). Can they pull this game out? Are they out of luck? Or are they coming together at the right time? I believe that it is a combo thing and WC is feeling good about themselves. The come from behind game had some luck in it and the last game was a feed off of the PC game. I think the WC boys believe in themselves right now and will play very good tonight. WC by 8.

Congrats to Coach Franks and the Wildcats. Tyler Rice played awesome tonight. McEwen was a good team and their post guy is great. Came down to our guards being better than theirs. Great game! STATE BOUND!!!!! :lol:

i dont care if tyler rice is a ball hog or not when he is shooting like he was tonight i want him to shoot it if he is feeling it he had 33 tonight great game wayne county just made more big shoots down the stretch

Great effort by the Cats tonight. There's no better feeling than winning the ones that matter. 2-25 or 27-0, there's only four wins that matter: Sub-State, Elite Eight, Final Four, and the Championship. This team has the opportunity to make some noise if they get more active on the defensive boards. Box out, guys.

Shot selection was good tonight. Really impressed with the intensity on D in the second half.

It couldn't have happened to a better coach, either. Coach Franks is a great dude and he deserves all the success. Morris and Lance make for a great supporting cast too.