Polk Co vs South Greene

jcub50

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barb , I'm sorry I thought you were talking about Polk County. They are the ones I was talking about having people from Bradley there. Again I apologize. :thumb:

Its allright. In the future perhaps it would be a good idea to read more than just part of a post before you decide to respond...

Ok for the record, Benton, TN isn't flat......so I don't think its safe to assume logcabinman is a "flat-lander"

Just to reverse the stereotypes a little, anybody west of K-town is a flatlander to me, Barb...yeah, they may have one or two peaks and a few little hills down that way but nothing like our big, beautiful mountain ranges...The way the draw went, looks like it's shaping up to be Hillbillies vs. Flatlanders - GO GREENE :thumb:

Okay, for the record I can't even get cell service at my house because I live between 2 big ole knobs. 2nd I am just stating my humble opinion. I have stated that to get to this point you have to be a good team, but I could not see in the schedule that SG had beaten a quality team. This means nothing. It may be because of scheduling. Does not mean they are not better than Polk, just that I was looking at there schedule and it did not look as tough as some of the other regions. Our district is same in football, our best team in district usually gets it handed to us first round even though we might have 9-1 record. Don't get all in harms about an opinion because SG has just as much chance winning this as Polk. To answer you question Polk has beaten McMinn Central who was #1 at time, Chattanooga Christian, and Chatt. Brainard, aslo another big school that did good in Georgia.

"Can you hear me now?" LOL - LCM, please understand we really are only poking fun at ourselves and are rarely anything but lighthearted on these boards. The only time us Greeneville/Greene County folks get riled is if someone personally attacks our kids/players. We do still get in a little bit of a snit when our teams are underestimated but we have learned to use it to our advantage...case in point GHS football this year - the "Who Dat?" team that dismantled and surprised every post season opponent all the way to the State Championship game.

Good luck to both teams - sounds like you are very evenly matched and very similar in your style of play.

Didn't the South Greene girls lose to Cocke County this year?

South Greene lost early in the season in double over-time to Cocke County and then lost to them in the Ladies Classic. Cocke County had a team that could have given Morristown West a run for their money had their star point guard Morgan Buda not gotten injured late in the season.

I was thinking I had heard that from a friend in Newport. Looks like they were doing real good this season until Morgan got hurt. I went to high school at Cocke County with Morgan's Dad.

By the way, what's former Coach Renner doing now?

South Greene lost early in the season in double over-time to Cocke County and then lost to them in the Ladies Classic. Cocke County had a team that could have given Morristown West a run for their money had their star point guard Morgan Buda not gotten injured late in the season.

I was thinking I had heard that from a friend in Newport. Looks like they were doing real good this season until Morgan got hurt. I went to high school at Cocke County with Morgan's Dad.

I knew she was awesome, but I didn't realize how much the team depended on her until she was gone. They just fizzled out.

I knew she was awesome, but I didn't realize how much the team depended on her until she was gone. They just fizzled out.

I edited my post with a question after you replied: What's former Coach Renner doing now?

OOOOOOHHHH is it time to play "who beat who"???? Yes Cocke County beat South Greene....and Greeneville beat Cocke County and South Greene beat Greeneville 3 times. Should count as beating 2 quality opponents right? Of course this is stupid. It doesn't really matter who you beat before today...okay it kinda mattered who won the last game you played but at this point we're all playing to survive. How good is your record? I guess that is only relevant to the quality of teams you play. Since these teams have no common opponents we cant really compare. I think the parity of our districts is similar...2 teams dominate both 2 and 5 and the rest are good to mediocre to downright bad. So look at the non-con schedule. I applaud Polk for playing in the Ga tourney and I really think they played the districts most challenging schedule and I think it showed in their wins against Upperman and Central. The Greene county teams also play quality non-conference opposition and, win or lose, it makes you a better team. This one should be a good'un. Go Greene!!!

Coach Dwight Renner is doing pretty well. He has had some health problems over the last few years, but I saw him at several games this year including the sub-state game at SG. The three former SG Ladies basketball coaches were honored, which included Claude Wallen, Renner, and Ricker. Dwight was "grinning like a possum".

OOOOOOHHHH is it time to play "who beat who"???? Yes Cocke County beat South Greene....and Greeneville beat Cocke County and South Greene beat Greeneville 3 times. Should count as beating 2 quality opponents right? Of course this is stupid. It doesn't really matter who you beat before today...okay it kinda mattered who won the last game you played but at this point we're all playing to survive. How good is your record? I guess that is only relevant to the quality of teams you play. Since these teams have no common opponents we cant really compare. I think the parity of our districts is similar...2 teams dominate both 2 and 5 and the rest are good to mediocre to downright bad. So look at the non-con schedule. I applaud Polk for playing in the Ga tourney and I really think they played the districts most challenging schedule and I think it showed in their wins against Upperman and Central. The Greene county teams also play quality non-conference opposition and, win or lose, it makes you a better team. This one should be a good'un. Go Greene!!!

Just so you know, I believe McMinn central is coming up to Elizabethton next year for a Christmas Tourney. MC, Betsy, Hampton are in. Maybe a KY school & Shelbyville team. It could be interesting. I am not sure if its in stone but it's real close. It would be nice to get a greene team in it.