BUSTED!!!

CoachMikeLHS

Alright.....someone ratted you out!

Date: March 8, 2010

To: Soccer Coaches

Subject: Independent Game Rule

There has been some recent confusion surrounding the interpretation of the Independent Game Participation Rule as it pertains to soccer and participation on non-school teams. Article II Section 21 of the TSSAA bylaws states the following:

Once a student's name is listed on the school eligibility report, if a student participates in an independent game in that sport before the season has closed or his/her name has been removed from the eligibility report at the request of the school principal, the student shall be ineligible as explained below.

Any organized game in which players not registered with TSSAA participate – regardless of whether admission is charged - is considered as an independent game. Violation of this rule will render the student ineligible for 25% of the number of contests allowed in that sport by the sports calendar or for the remainder of the season in that sport, whichever number is the least. Violation of this rule a second time in the same sport in the same season will render the student ineligible in that sport for the remainder of the season.

In an effort to provide guidance to coaches and administrators, the following interpretation was established for students whose names have been placed on their schools soccer eligibility report:

In the sport of soccer, student athletes practicing with an independent team after their name has been submitted on a school’s eligibility report can only participate in situations involving

6 versus 6 players or fewer.

Please call if you have any additional questions regarding this rule. (615) 889-6740

(Please do not respond to this email as it is automatic generated from TSSAA. TSSAA does not share email addresses)

There was almost an issue with ODP regarding this rule, but I think the ODP trials don't have games that exceed 6-a-side.

Yes, this is what the e mail was referring to.

ODP has a last day of try outs on the weekend, but have to keep the inter squad scrimmage to less than 6 vs 6.

I got kicked off my middle school team for a rule similar to this my 7th grade year. I actually did play 6v6 and still got the boot, lol. We still won the county title tht year, and instead of playing middle school soccer I hit the basketball court. :thumb:

That's just what they told you about why you got kicked off.... we all know the real reason.

I got kicked off my middle school team for a rule similar to this my 7th grade year. I actually did play 6v6 and still got the boot, lol. We still won the county title tht year, and instead of playing middle school soccer I hit the basketball court. :cry:

That's just what they told you about why you got kicked off.... we all know the real reason.

I guess they thought I would be better at basketball, if you catch my drift. B):thumb:

I got kicked off my middle school team for a rule similar to this my 7th grade year. I actually did play 6v6 and still got the boot, lol. We still won the county title tht year, and instead of playing middle school soccer I hit the basketball court. :cry:

I guess they thought I would be better at basketball, if you catch my drift. B):thumb:

Cause your skinny??? :cry: