Berean Soccer

EastCoUnited

Thanks for the interest...new coach doing fine...biggest plus is Mike McDonald is training them now...great things should be coming along with him on board...the two players...well welcome to Berean's world seems we supply most teams with players...CAK has had former Berean MS players Carter and half of Gibbs team is former Berean...the two to Aloca one was Jr. and one freshman brothers. Just got tired of small school I guess...no good reason really. We have 17 now highest numbers in years...now if we can keep them could make a good run. Beat Maryville Christian tonight 4-1 Maryville decent better than Heritage...Isaac Jordan starting out stong as well as Zach Tyree freshman Johnathan Dotson doing well as well... big test next week at Kings and Union Cty. Where you from?

Hey Tnac,

Thanks for the reply. Looks like you are having a very good pre-season, especially with the training an accomplished club coach can provide. McDonald has trained the Morristown players very well for years as well as a few from other schools like Baxter from Berean, Sherrod from Carter and Ragland from CAK.

Good to see the numbers are staying up with Lee leaving for Gibbs. Did he take several players with him when he left? Just curious as how eligible those players would be, since that would be a A/AA transfer directly to another A/AA same district school.

I am sure Alcoa has checked the eligibility of the junior player that transferred from Berean. I know he was injured much of last season, did he play or practice at all with the Berean soccer team last year or was his injury from basketball? Transfer rules are pretty clear about player's eligibility, especially when they live in one county and play in another. TSSAA has a recent history with Berean players and Fulton High School and I believe Grace Christian had some transfer issues with TSSAA in basketball. Can be a messy situation if the rules are not followed exactly.

Well hopefully Berean can keep their players in the future and continue to build on a successful program that Coach Lee and other started there. Good luck this season.

Hey Coach Chunn

Timmy Carter and Jess ? went to Berean in Elementery and maybe some MS Christian Hardin played MS ball, seems like there is one more cannot think of him right now...Baxter and Alexander were good ones and doing well at Milligan they helped set the standard high...

Hey Tnac,

Thanks for the reply. Looks like you are having a very good pre-season, especially with the training an accomplished club coach can provide. McDonald has trained the Morristown players very well for years as well as a few from other schools like Baxter from Berean, Sherrod from Carter and Ragland from CAK.

Good to see the numbers are staying up with Lee leaving for Gibbs. Did he take several players with him when he left? Just curious as how eligible those players would be, since that would be a A/AA transfer directly to another A/AA same district school.

I am sure Alcoa has checked the eligibility of the junior player that transferred from Berean. I know he was injured much of last season, did he play or practice at all with the Berean soccer team last year or was his injury from basketball? Transfer rules are pretty clear about player's eligibility, especially when they live in one county and play in another. TSSAA has a recent history with Berean players and Fulton High School and I believe Grace Christian had some transfer issues with TSSAA in basketball. Can be a messy situation if the rules are not followed exactly.

Well hopefully Berean can keep their players in the future and continue to build on a successful program that Coach Lee and other started there. Good luck this season.

Thanks ...Coach Lee did a great job...he only took his son who is a freshman...the Worley brothers where already headed there...I leave it up to Aloca with all that other stuff...should not be an issue....you seem to be quite informed about Berean you a former student as well???

Hey Coach Chunn

Timmy Carter and Jess ? went to Berean in Elementery and maybe some MS Christian Hardin played MS ball, seems like there is one more cannot think of him right now...Baxter and Alexander were good ones and doing well at Milligan they helped set the standard high...

Yes, I did know that Christian went to Berean (getting old - my rememberer isn't what it use to be :lol: ), didn't remember Timmy and Jess going. I have always enjoyed the relationship between Carter and Berean.

well welcome to Berean's world seems we supply most teams with players...

I had no idea that Berean was such a training ground for soccer...I bet the club teams around town sure are thankful, as well.

Me either, but based on all their former players that are starting for other teams...they just may be.

Wow, just caught this thread, can't speak for the other kids, but the two Berean Players that are now at alcoa only came to my attention when Coach Lee called to tell me they were applying. He wanted me to know what kind of kids they were and give some soccer background, but mostly just talk about them as people. I know that sounds like coach talk or whatever, but both are really good kids and a great addition to our program from that standpoint more than any other. They were excepted by the school and all eligibility information has been submitted.

It is very true that there has been a lot of talented soccer players pass through Berean, although many of them decided to transfer before middle school or high school (three from CAK, two from Gibbs, a couple at Alcoa now) . I understand their reasons for transferring, many want to attend a school with an established soccer program like CAK, Bearden, or Farragut just to name a few. Berean's high school hasn't been around for a long time plus they had co-ed soccer until 2007, and in 2008 they became TSSAA. With these things in mind, it is difficult to have a strong program right off the bat, however, they have done very well considering there are only about 100 students in the high school and many play multiple sports. For those players looking to play at the next level, playing for an average Tennessee high school isn't going to cut it, it is the club team that will get you noticed which involves attending showcases and traveling to tournaments (this makes me wonder why so many students want to transfer high schools simply beacuse of soccer??? :thumb: ). More players need to focus on playing with a good club team rather than banking on a high school team to take them to the next level. Many players leave thinking they are becoming a part of a better program, and that may be the case, but if the young soccer players from Berean would stay through high school as well, then the program could truly develop. They have a young team this year but they have a knowledgeable coach and should do well in the district. I believe it will be a close run between Carter, Berean, and Gibbs this year in the district. Does anyone know anything about Gatlinburg Pittman or Pigeon Forge? Also, the decision for those two players to attend Alcoa was best for them and their family even though Berean could have benefitted form their talent! They are playing for a great program at Alcoa. I am excited to see how the district plays out.