Fast Pitch Coach Bill Evans wil be missed.

tpoole12

I am not a regular on this forum. I am fortunate to have known this man and was blessed to be his son in law for the last thirty years. I know that many pitchers from all over East Tn. have been tutored by him and many have moved on to play at the collegent level.

Bill died friday morning at home at the age of seventy nine. He was a teacher in Blount County till he retired. Since that time he has spent many hours teaching young ladies to pitch. He loved the game and the people that are part of it. I am posting this topic as a way to let those who knew him that he has passed. Although I didn't share the love of this game with him, I was lucky to be a part of his family. May God rest his soul.

Timothy G. Poole

aka tpoole12

I really hate to hear of his passing and I wish peace for his family and friends. I don't recall any negative moments from Bill for the past 15 years I have known him. I think there needs to be some kind of award in the Knoxville area that will honor his name. He was a great man that all his young students cared about!

Darrell Williams

Diamond Academy

I really hate to hear of his passing and I wish peace for his family and friends. I don't recall any negative moments from Bill for the past 15 years I have known him. I think there needs to be some kind of award in the Knoxville area that will honor his name. He was a great man that all his young students cared about!

Darrell Williams

Diamond Academy

Thank you Darrell

Please share this news with those you think would want/ need to know. His wife of fifty years knew there were many that she should contact but didn't know whom or how. All I know is he traveled constantly from one place to another working with his students. We ( his family ) had to be sure to schedule us time for get togethers. He loved to teach, he loved to laugh and he spread joy where ever he went. We will miss him.

tpoole12

Very sorry to hear that Mr. Evans has passed . He got my daughter pitching her first couple of years and because of him she is realizing some of her dreams . We smile when we think of some of his words of wisdom that he commonly passed on to young pitchers . Mr. Evans was a truley genuine , kind man and will always be remembered as a true inspiration to those young ladies he taught to pitch .