unicoi county coach to take over girls program?

lovebigblue

how do you know its 100% false i have heard he is very frustrated with not being able to get past sub state . the devils have gottan there 5 out of 6 years but been defeated each year. i was told he feels coaching the girls would be an excellent opportunity to get to murfreesboro and compete for a state championship. i think its a possibility.

I think it's a great idea. It looks great for Unicoi to make the sub state every year, but I just don't think they are anywhere near as good as region 2AA teams like Fulton, AE, Carter, Stone, Alcoa, GP, and even Gibbs, CAK, Union, and Loudon. If you can't beat em, coach girls!

In girls basketball, you have to play your traditional powers in Stone and Loudon. It also seems that CAK will be strong for a while, their middle school program is outstanding. Then you have to face South Greene, Greeneville, and Elizabethton in your own region. So coaching girls won't make much sense to me. Coach English has done a good job with that program. As far back as my University High days, Unicoi has always had a good program.