White Station vs. Melrose -AAA State Championship

orangemoundwest

First of all, what I saw out of Joe Jackson last night did not impress me at all. We left at halftime, and Joe Jackson had done nothing...nothing to write home about. He had 3 points, and he was a complete, non factor in the game. In fact, the Northeast PG had totally out played him...Telvin James, I think his name was. We left at halftime because you could see White Station winning this one due to their big man...the 6' 8" Beast that dominated the boards. So, unless Joe J. picked up his game in a huge way in the second half, then he's not nearly as good as I was led to believe.

I do think that White Station will have an advantage without Rucker in there to deal with the Beast of White Station. That kid can dominate a game...on his pure size and athleticism alone. I still think that Melrose will find a way to win....Chris Jones is very good, and I'm glad that he's committed to the Vols. The Adonis Jackson...I think his name is...kid is good...very good. I hope the Vols can get him, too. If Jones and Adonis can make up for Nate being out of the lineup, then Melrose will probably win. But....

Of course, this is all just my humble opinion of which I value very highly. :thumb:

you do realize he got double teamed everytime he touched the ball right

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melrose 75, White Station 70

White Station - 16 17 17 20 -- 70

Melrose - 16 19 20 20 -- 75

Melrose - Jones 35, Thomas 19, Hollimon 7, Wilkerson 5, Hampton 4, McAfee 4, Parks 1

White Station - Jackson 22, Burton 12, Green 11, Tucker 8, Williams 4, Hollins 4, Johnson 4, Bowman 3, Miles 2

Team Stats:

Rebounding - WS 43, M 30

Field Goals - WS 25-64, M 19-42

3-pointers - WS 9-21, M 5-15

Free throws - WS 11-20, M 32-46

Turnovers - WS 16, M 13

Joe Jackson wins the Class AAA Mr. Basketball award.

They'll be back next year too.

It is certainly possible, as they return practically everyone!

Their biggest roadblock: Getting out of Memphis!

You can count on this: Central, Southwind, East and White Station will all be waiting in the wings to dethrone Melrose.

----------------------------------

Melrose will certainly miss their big man, Rucker. That's a HUGE loss and will definitely hurt their chances, unless their 6' - 9" Sophomore gets exponentially better during the off-season.

As for Chris Jones returning.....I've heard so many rumors (all season long) about his age and eligibility for next year, that I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it. Personally, I don't have a clue. I just know that the potential loss of Chris Jones would put an even bigger dent into Melrose's chances at returning to State.

For now.... Kudos to Melrose for Winning the Title, even if they did not "run the table!"

The Sophmore PG Devonte Hampton, has really been playing nice this postseason, so was McAfee if Coach Johnson can keep that going then they'll be back next year.

The key for next year for all of those teams is replacing Seniors and DEVELOPING their younger guys.

Will Woodfork, Rod Tucker, Jalen Thompson, and possibly Leron Black at White Station

Markell Crawford, K.C. Goodwin, Willie Atwood, and the 6'9 guy at Melrose

D'Arius Sorrel, Josh Jones, Tay Tay Perkins, and Blake Johnson at Central

Jajuan Johnson, Donovan Humphries, Marlon Polk, and Trevor Gibson at Southwind

Matt Butler, Earving Morris, and Alex Anderson at Memphis East

All of them are great individual talents, but they'll need to replace alot of scoring and leadership. Just imagine the seniors Memphis is losing.

Tarik Black, Joe Jackson, Chris Crawford, Darrian Gray, Todd Mayo, Austin Hollins, Tim Peete etc. Great group of players.