Tiger Invitational

quaddad

I was told that Meigs County looked great but got beat in the elimination in the Orange bracket. Eliizabethton played, and lost to Sequatchie County. They also told me that Johnson County won their bracket over a team from Chattanooga. I don't know who won the Orange Bracket (Midway or Sequatchie).

Thanks, I saw Midway and Johnson Co play Friday night, very good game, both teams had some ladies who could pound the ball. Also watched Meigs play Whitwell, and you are right Meigs looked good. I am sure Indian will let us know how the Sequatchie games played out.

Sequatchie Co. had 2 last inning, come from behind wins to reach the finals in the Orange bracket and then put away a hard fighting Midway team to win that bracket 12-5. Sequatchie beat Meigs to get into the finals and Midway defeated Cleveland. In the Black bracket Johnson Co. beat Chatt. Arts & Sciences in the final 3-0. It was wonderful weather, for a change, and a good, competitive tournament, with most games going down to the last inning. Hope the 2 or 3 girls who suffered injuries over the weekend return to action soon. This is the first year this tournament has been held in Dayton and their facilities and hospitality were great. Hope to return there next year.

We saw some great action at the tourney this weekend. I agree Meigs looked very strong , I think they hit 3 longballs off of our team. We learned something about our girls from MIDWAY, they don't give up. Hard fought battles all the way through . Congratulations to S.C. in your win over our green team from Midway. Good luck to all in 2010.

Sequatchie County came from behind to beat a very tough Elizabethton team. Meigs County jumped out early on Sequatchie, but the Indians managed to fight their way back and defeat the Lady Tigers. In the Championship game, Sequatchie put 6 early runs on the board and then had to hold on to defeat a hot Midway team 12-5. RHP Courtney Dawson pitched all three tournament games and had just enough to beat Midway. The Indians hit well all day, especially when they had to.

We saw some great action at the tourney this weekend. I agree Meigs looked very strong , I think they hit 3 longballs off of our team. We learned something about our girls from MIDWAY, they don't give up. Hard fought battles all the way through . Congratulations to S.C. in your win over our green team from Midway. Good luck to all in 2010.

Yes the Midway ladies looked good, hit the ball through their lineup, played good defense. Looking forward to playing you guys in the Soddy tournament. I just wish Rhea Co could have played on such a pretty weekend. Good luck to you