District 11-AAA Standings

IndyEagle09

Jesse Gavigan is the shortstop. He's a senior and a pretty good athlete in his own right. Little is a good athlete but based on what I've seen these last two years he's been a bit over-hyped. I'm not saying he isn't a decent high school player but there was a lot of talk about him being better than Indy's Josh Lee and in my opinion he's not even in the same ball park as Lee. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 3rd baseman, Sistrunk (?), move over to shortstop next year with Gavigan gone.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Tuesday Night's Games

Ravenwood (10-1)

Independence (10-1)

Brentwood (7-4)

Centennial (4-7)

Franklin (2-9)

Hillsboro (0-11)

Indy rolled once again against Hillsboro. They are cruising right along as they look to win their first regular season district title. Wilson, Lee, Lee, Miller, and Toscano are all playing great baseball. Coach Moore has done an excellent job once again. No end in sight for Indy's dominance as they have a solid group of 8th graders coming up next year.

The surprise of the night was Centennial competed against Ravenwood losing only 8-5. Centennial actually outhit the Raptors. For this reason is why I see Indy taking 2 out of 3 from Ravenwood and winning the title.

Brentwood pounded Franklin last night 8-1. I saw 3 Bruins hit HRs. Who pitched for Franklin? I hear there is talk of thinking the administration hired the wrong coach to guide the Rebels. The talent is there but it seems the coaching is lacking.

coaching has little to do with the rebel woes.... the team one night will show awesome fight and will to win and the next the team is flat footed and down in the dumps. franklin is coached no matter what anyone here says because unless you have direct contact to the team how can you know what goes on between the fences??? the rebels problem is they continue to take poor at bats with poor approaches you cant win if you have runners at 2nd and 3rd with no outs and dont drive home a run......simply ridiculous... the problem is soley on the players im tireds of hearing this and that about the coaches.... THE COACHES DONT PLAY THE GAMES.....THE PLAYERS DO IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED if you want to disect the teams and if they are good or not look more towards the players not the coaches its simply stupid to balme a teams wins or loses on the coach.....

Thank you Behind the Mask, I totally agree! IndyEagle09 I hear the opposite about the coach. I've heard the administration is very pleased with the coach, not only on the field, but his discipline has carried over to the classroom and in the lives of the young men. That's what it's all about isn't it!

coaching has little to do with the rebel woes.... the team one night will show awesome fight and will to win and the next the team is flat footed and down in the dumps. franklin is coached no matter what anyone here says because unless you have direct contact to the team how can you know what goes on between the fences??? the rebels problem is they continue to take poor at bats with poor approaches you cant win if you have runners at 2nd and 3rd with no outs and dont drive home a run......simply ridiculous... the problem is soley on the players im tireds of hearing this and that about the coaches.... THE COACHES DONT PLAY THE GAMES.....THE PLAYERS DO IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED if you want to disect the teams and if they are good or not look more towards the players not the coaches its simply stupid to balme a teams wins or loses on the coach.....

Wow, you must be in pretty tight with the coaches. All I know is last year when I played the Rebels after they lost the likes of Joseph, Dykes, Dobbins, Perkins, and many more. They still competed every night in a tougher district than what this year's version is doing. Last year they lost 2 position starters, so they are returning 7 players who saw significant time last year and they are producing less this year. So what's the difference between last year and this year with the same players? The only difference I can see is coaching.

I don't have direct ties to the program but I have friends who are. They say Franklin never has the same batting order from night to night. No consistency from the coaching staff. All I know last year the Rebels were a tough dog to get out, and this year they are a lame duck.

Franklin has a few very talented players who should be able to make the team competitive. The players and the coach just aren't on the same page. There is probably fault on both sides but when it is all said and done the players are the ones who get on the field and play the game.

Ravenwood has several good steady players in Cash, N. Kukowski, P. Carter, Fitzpatrick, Carlson, Denton, Cash, I. Kukowski and R. Carter. They manage to get the most out of their players because the players and parents, respect their coach and they play as a team.

Indy has 2 D1 prospects on their pitching staff (Toscano and Miller) and Wilson (not known for his pitching but for his centerfield play) has been that 3rd pitcher to create the depth needed in these 3 game series. These boys are surrounded by Lee, Todd, and Stannard to create an infield that is not errorless but is very consistent. This team also plays like a team and players and parents have respect for their coaching staff.

Do we see a common denominator here??

I have watched the Franklin practices many times from afar. They are well planned, structured and work on all aspects of the game. I have heard the coaches intructing their players and making corrections during practices. Maybe you should come over to Franklin and see what is really going happening in the program.

I also noticed that the Franklin coach or Rec. Dept. has added new hitting cages to the facility and every time I am watching they are being well utilized. I actually saw the players taking swings and being worked with throughout the practices that I have watched. At some point players that are counted upon have to perform to their potential!!

If I did not feel as though the players at Franklin were well coached, I would agree with your statements. They are well coached and appears that the coach holds them to a high standard of Character! Keep fighting Rebels and good things are right around the corner.

Well if the administration is just looking for a good character guy and doesn't care about W/L then it looks like they have there guy. Have fun in the basement while the rest of the county has character coaches who win.

columbia, Franklin has talent it is just not being used properly. But it is great for my Indy Eagles. :thumb: