COACHING CHANGES @ CLINTON

92Dragon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton had a solid first week. Thats coming from one of the coaches. First year OC Chris Steger I hear is doing a fine job implementing is new offense. QB Shawn Ambrose I hear is getting better everyday. They are taking it slow really preaching fundamentals. The coach was very impressed with how Austin Powell is looking. There 3-3-5 defense looks great, and with all the athletes they have, look for good things from the D. Dont know about the scrimmage for Clinton, but I will certainly be attending the AC scrimmage.

Hey classof2002, did you see in last weeks clinton courier where we had 2 transfers come in for football?

Hey all transfers got to go to AC not Clinton whats up with that.....JK Kids wants to play for good programs I think your program is heading in the right direction when you get kids wanting to transfer in. Look at the rebels and alcoa I know they get kids in there everyone wants to win. :roflol:

You got any imformation on the players....I usually get thet courier but out of the country at the moment. I havnt had a chance to go too any football practices how are we looking and who will be our playmakers?

Shawn Ambrose will be the starting qb with Alex Willard being the backup. Austin Powell, Camion Patrick, and Dee Shannon will be the featured backs. Cory Washington, Jeffery Danials, and Jon Albright will be wide-outs to look out for. James Stearns is the returning center, Spencer McLane and Elijah Boles are expected to have a big year. Coach Shattuck mentioned the development of Stephen Antillai along with newcomers Joe Albright (Campbell Co.) and Chris Oxendyne (South Carolina) have been pleasant surprises for this year's squad.

They are trying to develop depth. Right now, they have 5 players that play both ways and are looking for more kids to step up and earn more playing time.

Clinton had a solid first week. Thats coming from one of the coaches. First year OC Chris Steger I hear is doing a fine job implementing is new offense. QB Shawn Ambrose I hear is getting better everyday. They are taking it slow really preaching fundamentals. The coach was very impressed with how Austin Powell is looking. There 3-3-5 defense looks great, and with all the athletes they have, look for good things from the D. Dont know about the scrimmage for Clinton, but I will certainly be attending the AC scrimmage.

Hey classof2002, did you see in last weeks clinton courier where we had 2 transfers come in for football?

Hey all transfers got to go to AC not Clinton whats up with that.....JK Kids wants to play for good programs I think your program is heading in the right direction when you get kids wanting to transfer in. Look at the rebels and alcoa I know they get kids in there everyone wants to win. :thumb:

Ahhaha, i thought the same thing when i read that in the paper. I thought "I cant believe AC let a Campbell Co. kid transfer to Clinton...haha JK!

• 2 weeks later...

Clinton also picked up another quality assistant coach in Tim Minga. He is from Clinton and has been the DC at Grace for the past 3 years. He will be coaching LBs and co-coordinating the defense with Coach Herrell and working with Josh Kerr on the OL. Great addition to the coaching staff. It is always good to have local people who care about what is going on in Clinton. This staff and team got better with this addition.

Tim Minga is an excellent addition to the coaching staff. He is a Clinton guy, and he was also a good player for Clinton. Is his son staying at Grace, or is he coming to Clinton too? He was an all-state DB as a sophomore.

That would be great if his son came with him! We could use another good db!