Top Ten Teams in Mid-State Week 4

MrNoitAll

1.Beech---still the best team in the Mid-State and the more that I get to watch them I think they will take it all the way……Go “Cat” you own the field both pitchin and hittin!

2.Dickson County--- may be a surprise for some and for others they will agree. Should not have any problems makin it to the state with there line-up. If these girls are playin their A game they will give Beech all that they would want.

3.Camden---yes this little AA school is known for its softball in the Western part of the state and now that they are in the Mid-State region more and more people will learn about a slappin and playin a little defense and pretty fair pitchin just ask those “Indians from Riverdale”.

4.Riverdale---yep they were at number two last week but I have notice somethin about this bunch that I bet that the “Big Man and Weave” have to and that is that sometimes they make an error and it comes at the wrong time and the hittin just ain’t like it used to be. But better than most but not what they were last year.

5.Lawrence County ---I heard some umps talkin about this bunch and they said that they were for real but sometimes they just don’t take care of business as they should and let Tullahoma beat them…but hey everybody can get lucky sometimes…even F.C. Boyd.

6.Coffee County----my “Birdie’s team…they are playin some very good ball right now and everyone is a happy camper and don’t be surprise to see these nice ladies start a movin to the top of the list.

7.Cornersville---now don’t start a takin about this team….when their pitchin is on I have a feelin most teams don’t want to play them in any classication. This county is loaded with good teams but this school has the best in Marshall County!

8.Creek Wood---every game this team has lost this year is by one run….and they ain’t afraid to play know one at any place or time. Now sayin all of that is they are still the second best team in Dickson County and the second best team in District behind Camden….now lets see how this plays out.

9.Goodpasture---they will not have any trouble gettin back to state because the road is pretty easy and their district is even easier. Now they are not what they have been in the past but coach is gettin a lot out of them and he is not the yellin kind like so many coaches that we see now. He is very calm outward but goin crazy inside but the girls would do whatever he asks of them and what more can you asked for?

10.Clarksville Northeast---they have beaten good a good team (Dickson County) and have played well in most of their games but the bottom teams this year are very weak so lets give these ladies somethin to be happy about this week.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady Cats had a bad night against Lincoln co tonight , No hitting , Pitching vanilla . left field took the night off , coaching .....no changes no angles...

I know what you mean, cause "Birdie" has quit takin out the garage, want cook supper, wants me to get a job, and worse of all she said that she wasn't goin to make any changes either....sounds like she should be a coach! :lol:

Hey everyone has a bad night and sometimes some teams have great nights. Dont take anything away from LC

Well I know that I have picked that "Football School" to win district and they had not better let me down so you should be a coachin them right now and get me a championship....you hear! :lol:

Hey everyone has a bad night and sometimes some teams have great nights. Dont take anything away from LC

The only thing that needs to be taken away from Lincoln County is the Schutt bat that all the girls seem to use! Does anyone else find it odd that they have used this same bat for about four years now when so many new hot bats are out there? It's ironic how these girls barely swing the bat and the ball goes sailing out of the park.... Maybe this particular bat needs to be investigated. I'm just saying....

You can't take anything away from either of these two teams. Both teams have lots of talent and both are very good. Lawrence County did not play as well as they should have last night, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Lincoln Co did have a good game, as good teams should. These two teams have split during the regular season for the last three years now, and I would not be shocked if they split again next season. Good luck to the both of them this weekend. It should be a fun tournament to watch! (Just hope the FOG doesn't roll in like last year, so the fans can see the games!)

The only thing that needs to be taken away from Lincoln County is the Schutt bat that all the girls seem to use! Does anyone else find it odd that they have used this same bat for about four years now when so many new hot bats are out there? It's ironic how these girls barely swing the bat and the ball goes sailing out of the park.... Maybe this particular bat needs to be investigated. I'm just saying....

Now hold on there just a minute...ImJustSayin...now if you are implicating a single bat that would mean that a team would have had to buy more than one of the same bat cause the shaving and rolling thing has a tendacy to shorten the life of the bat that is shaved and rolled. Now I don't know alot about LC but I do know about bats...I am convinced that there are alot of doctored bats out there, especially around the soggy bottom and upper mid state area where it seems some coaches can get away with about anything and dictate what the umps are gonna look at or call. I did see a girl that pitches in the mid state crank one out earlier in the year that left the park at way over 98 MPH and she has never hit a home run in her life...at least not in tournament ball and this one went about 250+' and stayed low . The T$$AA don't know what to do about it, aint gonna do anything about it, the bat companies are only getting richer because of it and ain't gonna help and the pitchers are at their mercy cause they all think they have to throw harder to get noticed cause they are at 43' so they are getting hammered cause the ball has quit moving, and this ain't baseball where the hitters cheat and then the pitchers get to start using steroids too, to keep up so it is just gonna get worse. It only adds about $130.00 to the price of that $300.00 bat and I am not sure what the price of that Lady Virus and other paint jobs costs but by the way alot of these parents and coaches act it's is a small price to pay for princess to stand out unless she gets caught.

To borrow a line from ole coach Saben "Smokem if you gotem" till one of these girls gets hurt, and he wouldn't care.

I just hate it for the girls and coaches that try to do it right...there are some left.

I borrowed some stuff from other posts as to try and offend the guilty equally. :?:

....and....ImJustSayin