Blackmn Offseason

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to hear more on this also.

My opinion is as long as they have Shadowens they will be pretty good but this is a very tough district and we did lose a lot of very good Seniors.

On offense,

I like Mathers as the main tailback. In my opinion, he could be one of the best in the state. The question will be quarterback. Hopefully we will develop quickly there. Don't know much about receivers and I believe we lost several good offensive linemen. Do we have guys ready to come in and play at a high level there?

On defense, Patton, Armstrong, will be very good. I can't recall right now who else we have coming back. I know there are a lot of good players returning but I believe we lost quite a bit.

IMHO, Blackman will once again challenge for the district crown! Their defense should be even better than last year with 7 returning starters (i was told) and with their 2 inside linebackers in Patton and Thompson. These 2 are as good as anyone in the State of TN. As has already been said, Patton is a monster. Does he play any offense? i went to a couple of games last year and boy was he fun to watch!

They do need a QB for sure. I have heard that Strickland is number 1 as of now. Can he play? I know he got a season as the backup last year as a sophomore but is he ready to take over? What are his strengths and weaknesses?

i know they have a GREAT running back and very good recievers coming back, but what about the O-line?

looking forward to another great year!

IMHO, Blackman will once again challenge for the district crown! Their defense should be even better than last year with 7 returning starters (i was told) and with their 2 inside linebackers in Patton and Thompson. These 2 are as good as anyone in the State of TN. As has already been said, Patton is a monster. Does he play any offense? i went to a couple of games last year and boy was he fun to watch!

They do need a QB for sure. I have heard that Strickland is number 1 as of now. Can he play? I know he got a season as the backup last year as a sophomore but is he ready to take over? What are his strengths and weaknesses?

i know they have a GREAT running back and very good recievers coming back, but what about the O-line?

looking forward to another great year!

I believe Strickland will be a very good passing quarterback. He seemed to have a really good arm. As long as he matures and doesn't make a lot of bad plays(like interceptions), he will be really good. He doesn't look like he will be able to run much. He will be a lot different than Collier was.

Also, is Thompson back at linebacker? The program I have from last year has him listed as a Senior. If he is back, they will be very good on defense. I believe the question with this team other than QB like you said will be the the Offensive and Defensive lines. I believe we lost a lot on the lines. How we can replace those will be the key to being either good or potentially great.

• 2 weeks later...

The Blaze start spring practice tomorrow, Wednesday! i am looking forward to following them more than i have the past couple of years as i get to know more of their players and i have always liked to follow a "shadowens" coached team!

hope and pray no one gets injured! GO BLAZE!

Blazeallthewaze, Thompson was just a junior last year! He is back for sure!

What about the Blaze DB's. I know they will loose a couple of upper classmen this coming season. Anybody ready to fill those spots?

Blackman's one all state player from last year was martin detreich...and blackman returns a player that is his clone...# 21 joseph raby is a player...same size...same skill set...same speed...he was hurt for alot of last year...watch him to have a breakout year at safety!

blackman needs to find 2 corners...and i think they will...!

If anyone has any info on how spring practice is going, I would love to hear it. Any newcomers standing out, etc. Also what is happening on Offensive and Defensive lines. Go Blaze!!!

the blaze got after it yesterday after a few days off because of the rain...intense...hitting...and in the heat! everyone working hard and flying around in practice...coaches coaching intensly on every play...fun to watch

Defense looked strong yesterday...

QB situation looking good...

Oline coming together...

several good backup tailbacks emerging to back up Mr. I...

If anyone has any info on how spring practice is going, I would love to hear it. Any newcomers standing out, etc. Also what is happening on Offensive and Defensive lines. Go Blaze!!!

the blaze got after it yesterday after a few days off because of the rain...intense...hitting...and in the heat! everyone working hard and flying around in practice...coaches coaching intensly on every play...fun to watch

Defense looked strong yesterday...

QB situation looking good...

Oline coming together...

several good backup tailbacks emerging to back up Mr. I...

Great to hear PBD. Keep the updates coming. Go Blaze.