Cumberland County

plateauvol

He took the job at Unicoi county. We wish the best of luck to him and his wife. Now on to our girls - this is a good job and should be a good situation for any coach coming in. Coach Epp really set things up well for whoever comes in next.

Someone told me yesterday that his wife got a job in the Unicoi system as well. Could that have been the reason he chose to make the move?

I don't know who to believe here. One parent said that Coach Epperson was moving because his wife found a job, but another parent said she talked to his wife and she didn't want to move that far east. Does anyone know the truth?

Anyone heard names of possible replacements? Spring practice is right around the corner.

I'm totally an outsider here...but why would anyone want to move to Unicoi County just to teach? The pay sucks and the benefits aren't much better. I couldn't imagine anyone in their right mind saying pack your bags honey I want to go teach in Unicoi County. Common sense would tell me that unless his wife is from Unicoi County, or just likes to have lots of snow days....they would probably be moving so he could coach at Unicoi County. They do have a very proud tradition and they are loaded for the next few years. Not trying to degrade Unicoi County, but that seems like a long ways to move just to teach there. It's not like it pays as good as Maryville, Oak Ridge, or Kingsport. Lol

• 3 weeks later...
Wow! I wish her the best but it doesn't sound like the best hire they could've made. Has this lady ever been a head coach before?

I don't understand this mentality that you have to have head coaching experience to be a good hire. At some point in time, every coach has no head coaching experience. That does not mean that they are a bad hire or a bad coach. Give the coach a chance and then make a decision on whether it is a good or bad hire.