Maryville #94 in top 100

mapperman

Posted by mapperman:

Congratulations Men!

RivalsHigh 100 - Nation's Top 100 Teams - Sept

http://rivalshigh.Unapproved Website/content.asp?CID=129134

[Edited by mapperman on 9-25-02 7:35P]

Who cares if rivals rates Maryville at #94? It is all speculative anyway. What, is the student body going to chant "we're number 94" this Friday at their game? Those national rankings mean absolutely nothing. ;) The state championship is their goal, just like any other great team in our state. ;)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest caligula

This is News About Our Team. I Am Interested If Someone Is Paying Attention To Maryville. Just Because You Support A Bunk Inferior Team Don't Hate On Everyone Else. Gosh Can't Someone Support Maryville Without You All. You All Are Full Of Net-annomosity. Some Of You All Are Starting To Get Annoying. Why Can't Someone Just Support Their Team And Be Interested In Team News?? Seriously Tell Me. I Have Watched #1's Play In Person Before! I Have Been To Georgia State Championships, I Have Seen Poly Blow Out Millikan 69-0...they Are Excellent! Come On Get Off Our Backs For A Chance. All This Hate Needs To Stop. :D:D:D:D:D:D :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :D:D:D:D

Posted by caligula:

This is News About Our Team. I Am Interested If Someone Is Paying Attention To Maryville. Just Because You Support A Bunk Inferior Team Don't Hate On Everyone Else. Gosh Can't Someone Support Maryville Without You All. You All Are Full Of Net-annomosity. Some Of You All Are Starting To Get Annoying. Why Can't Someone Just Support Their Team And Be Interested In Team News?? Seriously Tell Me. I Have Watched #1's Play In Person Before! I Have Been To Georgia State Championships, I Have Seen Poly Blow Out Millikan 69-0...they Are Excellent! Come On Get Off Our Backs For A Chance. All This Hate Needs To Stop. :D:D:D:D:D:D :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :D:D:D:D

What hate? What are you talking about? A bunk inferior team, who's doing the hating Bub? At least learn how to spell animosity. :D:x:x:x:x:x

I just said that it means nothing to be ranked 94th, which it does. As I said, it is all speculative. I think I would focus on another state championship if I were you unless you are going to go play numbers 1-93.

ok i haven't seen maryville play in person but ummm have you seen the current top 25 play? Recently? If not then don't say they deserve to be up there. I think that it's impossible for someone to actually rank High School football teams. #1 there's too many of them to look at, #2 if you don't watch all of them i don't think you can actually rank them where they should be anyways. But just my point of view no more no less.

Posted by mrsoddydaisy:

I have seen alot of teams in the last 40 yrs. Maryville should be in the top 25. Anyone who thinks otherwise is less than intelligent.

amen maryville should PROBABLY not be in top 100 mind you i haven't seen them but they haven't played anyone in top 200 or 300 so you really don't know how they'd do against a team like that. Can anyone tell me who the top 10 are in the country? J/W cause i don't know where to find these polls at.

Posted by 64TNChamp:
Posted by mrsoddydaisy:

I have seen alot of teams in the last 40 yrs. Maryville should be in the top 25. Anyone who thinks otherwise is less than intelligent.

Daisy, Have YOU been THIS stupid for ALL the last 40yr?

To understand the success of Blount County football you have to the see the feeder programs. In the county/city, feeder leagues start as young as 5-6 years old. These kids play with and against each other all the way to Middle School in all sports. They then attend their respective schools. The competition between these schools is a strong thread in the community and would hurt sports in general if they did not play.

Most of Maryville players have friends on the county teams. After the game is over, it's over and they get a chance to see old team mates.

It's really neat. In the playoffs and State Games, many Alcoa/Heritage/William Blount fans were there pulling for Maryville and vise versa.

Posted by schs3:

amen maryville should PROBABLY not be in top 100 mind you i haven't seen them but they haven't played anyone in top 200 or 300 so you really don't know how they'd do against a team like that. Can anyone tell me who the top 10 are in the country? J/W cause i don't know where to find these polls at.

Posted by 64TNChamp:
Posted by mrsoddydaisy:

Daisy, Have YOU been THIS stupid for ALL the last 40yr?

ok if maryville should not be in the top 100 then where should they be? 113?198? my point is these polls are not an exact science. and if maryville is unworthy are they the only ones? probably not. this thread has taken a tad of national recognition for an area school and had way too big a deal made out of it.

To SCHS3

Not that I care one way or the other about these national ratings, but I cannot resist commenting on the logic of your argument.

You have not seen Maryville play and appearently do not even know what teams are in the poll since you don't know where to find them, but somehow you have deduced that Maryville can not possible belong there? Dartboard, Pencil drop, swags, what is your method of appraisal?

I think it is an cinch you are not captain of the debate team?

MRSODDYDAISY is basing his judgment in the same way we all do when we cannot empirically prove something: observation and experience.

I know nothing about the other teams in the poll so will not make any judgment as to where or whether Maryville belongs.

But I do know this from observation and experience: this is a good team; they were a very good team before they lost their starting quarterback. Not a knock on the current starter, but he's not in the same league as the junior that tore his ACL.

Will this team go to or win the state? I do not know; they have a lot of work to do.

This team in spite of deficientcies in size and speed and a number of other factors I'm sure have managed to win two state championships against opponents that had more size and speed, etc.

The heart of a champion is a difficult factor to put a measurement on. In 2000 this team as sophomores soundly defeated a Memphis East team that was bigger, faster, more experienced, and the defending state champion. Some of the coaches at UT, (several live in Maryville), predicted Maryville would lose by 40 points.

I will direct you to Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant: In a dogfight, it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog that matters.