State Championship

wanderer

I might be wrong, but I think it is a foregone conclusion that the Championship is Farragut's to lose...and I do not see that happening. By the lack of chatter on the site all year I believe everyone has been afraid to even mention it. I watched them tear Bearden (the number 2 team) apart. I then saw the pride of middle Tennessee, Hendersonville, get beat by these same Bulldogs. Brentwood is down this year as well. Nobody has matched up with the Admirals with the exception of Hardin Valley (and I have already said my piece on that subject). So taking a quote out of the Farragut's team warm-ups (Which I had to chuckle at) "Party's Over"

Yep it's definitely Farragut's to lose this year ... but stranger things have happened. That's why we play the game, the most talented team doesn't always win. Maybe they do come to play every game in which case they will embarrase some good teams in state, but maybe they don't come to play one game and it gets interesting. I will certainly give them every bit of respect they deserve and have earned, however I'm not scared to play them, what have we got to lose ...

As a long time Farragut fan, I am certainly hoping that the Admirals run the table. But we all know soccer is a funny game, and strange things can happen in any game. Bad calls, bad weather, injuries, bounces, etc. The thing I like about this year's team is the mature approach the team has taken to each game. One game at a time and then move on. But, as the previous post said, don't count out any of the good teams, particularly ones with strong keepers, like Ryan Bristol.

Good luck to all of the teams!