Is Soddy Daisy really that good

BigFanTN

For a team that is ranked 13th nationally, surely they have a plethora of young tallented girls that will go on to nationally ranked Div 1 programs? Are any going to any of the SEC schools? Have they ever had anyone within the past 10 years that has gone on to play a significant role in a school other than UTC,TW, etc? I hardly feel that the current arbitrary ranking holds any weight and should not be mentioned in the Times Free Press again as they are so fond of doing, unless you have the history to back it up.....just a thought. :thumb:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much jealousy in that post, I think I turned green just reading it.

I never knew you had to sign with a "major" program (and many of those are known mostly because of their football and men's basketball teams) to be a great high school player. Is that a rule somewhere?

A history of backing it up, if that's such a factor let's put Notre Dame, Michigan, etc, in the college football top 5 to start next season. That was silly.

And no, I'm not necessarily a fan of Soddy-Daisy.

For a team that is ranked 13th nationally, surely they have a plethora of young tallented girls that will go on to nationally ranked Div 1 programs? Are any going to any of the SEC schools? Have they ever had anyone within the past 10 years that has gone on to play a significant role in a school other than UTC,TW, etc? I hardly feel that the current arbitrary ranking holds any weight and should not be mentioned in the Times Free Press again as they are so fond of doing, unless you have the history to back it up.....just a thought. :thumb:

Why would a local paper not mention that fact that they are ranked so high nationally? It is an honor for the state to have a team represented so high in a national ranking. Now, do those rankings hold any water? No! You can't compare teams from all over the country who never play each other. However, they have fun trying. All that matters to them is being number one in the state. They definitely have the hitters to make that case and the pitching and defense is solid as well. They can hit 1-15. They do have the history to back it up. I am sure Clifford would love to show you his collection of State Rings. My two sister-in-laws have three they are proud of from their time at Soddy.

Clifford Kirk.......what more can I say? Even his own players would not throw him a life vest if he was drowning! Back to my original premiss..building young ladies that will move on to greatness in sports and in life, isn't that our real mission?

Hey wildukcats, your two sister-in-laws; one is a phamacist and the other was the pitching coach at V Tech when they beat Team USA in Softball. The ONLY college team to pull off the event since Team USA started. This is only two of the success stories that Soddy Daisy ball players have enjoyed over the 20 years of Clifford coaching the program. Wildukcats your sister-in-laws are two wonderful people as well as your wife.

Clifford Kirk.......what more can I say? Even his own players would not throw him a life vest if he was drowning! Back to my original premiss..building young ladies that will move on to greatness in sports and in life, isn't that our real mission?

:lol: A two post troll....and one who makes a laughable spelling mistake to show his/her ignorance...

"Back to my original premiss" :D:D

If you knew much about softball, then you would know that high school ball is fairly useless for recruiting anyway...

I play for Clifford and I would throw him a life vest, you don’t have to go to a Top D1 college to be considered a good player! Yeah, that’s where a lot of great players go, but some of those great high school players would like a good degree from mid-level college near home.

Might want to work on syntax and sentence structure before heading off on your college career? :lol:

I play for Clifford and I would throw him a life vest! You do not need to go attend a “top” D1 college to be considered a good player! I agree that is where many great players go to college, but some of those great high school players would like a good degree so they can go professional in something other than softball. Watch the NCAA commercials if you do not understand this statement. Hey grammar genius, does this float your boat?

Is Soddy Daisy really that good? bigfantn check out the team stats! Idiot. These young ladies are crushing the ball.They have good pitching and defense.Their coach has them clicking on all cylinders and motivated for a run at the state.My dd plays summer ball with some of those young ladies and hope they keep hitting like they have in summer ball and get that ASA birth.Whatever you guys are doing Ritchie its working.Keep it going girls!Hopefully we will see you guys this month and for sure in June! Good luck ladies!!