Region 6AAA -- Overton, Ravenwood & Independence

GoingtoRightField

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IdyEagle I agree with your comment about Coach Moore. It's all your predictions that Indy would win, while you bash Franklin every chance you get that was my reference. It get's old and boring.

Good luck Ravenwood, Coach Kirby probably should have been Coach of the Year!!

IndyEagle you're pathetic. Even when you're totally wrong you're still dissing Franklin...give it up!

How am I wrong on Coach Moore's strategy during post-season play? Please elaborate.

With the talent on that team, I would say they underachieved at 19-14. The win total would have to be considered inflated as at least six wins, maybe more, were over Hillsboro and Centennial. With the principal's history of canning coaches, any chance that happens here?

Great season guys, I still say last year's Overton team is better, but this year's is better than Indy.

Tell me your thinking here. Overton did graduate three very good players last year but, on the other hand, I think that those that stepped up have filled their shoes well -- especially as far as pitching goes. The "top" talent may be a tad thinner...but the supporting role players, I think, are deeper.

This year's team beat Mt. Juliet that put last year's team out in substate, also beating Hendersonville, Dyer County, and Clarksville as well as a couple of good Florida teams.

Best teams I've seen around here -- Mt Juliet, Ravenwood, Clarksville with their Ace, and Hendersonville.

Well, Ravenwood becomes the first team to defeat Overton twice this season. Ravenwood has a good team -- frankly, the most impressive thing to me is their solid defense. Pitching is pretty good, hitting is pretty good -- but those can be defeated. What makes them good is really good defense and they run the bases well.

Overton is very good...but, they are prone to defensive lapses. 6 losses total this year -- 5 of the 6 were due, primarily, to blowups on defense. 4 errors last night, 5 against Mt Juliet, 4 vs Hendersonville, 3 against Ravenwood the first time. Overton was winning or tied in the 6th inning of all of those losses except the Mount Juliet game.

Ravenwood won fair and square and deserved to win, no doubt, but Overton did themselves no favors. If you have groundball pitchers...and you can't get people out on ground balls...you have a problem.

Clarksville and Mt. Juliet were tied 0-0 until the sixth inning when Mt. Juliet jumped for 3 runs. Clarksville answered with three of their own and left the winning run on third. A couple mistakes by Clarksville allowed Mt. Juliet to capitalize and go up 7-3. Clarksville answered, cutting the score to 7-6 with the tying run on 2nd, but couldn't get the last hit they needed. A great game.

Looking forward to playing Ravenwood. Don't know much about them. Mt. Juliet and Overton is going to be a great game. Both teams good enough to not only make it to state, but go far.