Seymour Girls Job

smokeybears55

Well, with that kind of attitude, she'll probably be pushed out just like the rest... Notes need to be taken on the power Seymour parents apparently have over the school system. This first year will be very critical for Brandi. She will need to be careful. There are still alot of unsettled parents. Hope it turns out well for all involved... especially the girls!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From everything I've heard, Seymour has a reputation for giving in to parents. In the few games I saw them play, I heard more complaining from the stands about his coaching style, who got to play, how much they got to play, who took the most shots, you name it. And these were games they won.

I don't know if this one is true, but supposedly a group came after him last year and almost got him fired after they won the region championship, and this was over playing time.

I've heard good things about Brandi, but it won't make any difference if two or three parents complain.

Heres my take. A good coach is going to play the players it takes to win. All the girls have off games. My daughter knows when she's having an off game as do we. If she's not helping her team, she needs to be sitting. That's her opinion and ours. She doesnt like it but knows she cannot help her team playing like that. Heres a little footnote to parents: If your kid is sitting the bench more than not, take the hint. Maybe this isnt her sport.

From a source:

Bart Walker, junior college coach

J.D. Lambert, former Knox Central assistant and Jefferson County boy's head coach

Clay Young, Powell head coach

Brandi Stallings, prominent in AAU circuit, former Knox Central assistant

OK I'm confused???

Everyone on this list has HC experience except Stallings. She got the job from her AAU experience. I don't know much, but is that the same as HS experience? From what I can tell, AAU teams get the best players from several team (an All-Star Team).. not much practice. Just play games and next year you need a better guard go recruit one. HS coaches play the hand dealt and develop supporting players. If you look at Stallings HS experience... Central High?? It seems that they only had 6 players at the end of the season and had 1 win season in 10yrs. Wow I think the other names on the list were a lot better.. Did they not want it or is she the best for the job... Cause I have seen Coach Young coach and he does an awesome job and is a great man. Coach Lambert has a proven track record..

With that being said and the comments about parents in Seymour is she the only one that would take the job? I have also heard someone from Maryville's boys team interviewed... was that the one that coached at Maryville College or the one from the State Championship team??

From a source:

Bart Walker, junior college coach

J.D. Lambert, former Knox Central assistant and Jefferson County boy's head coach

Clay Young, Powell head coach

Brandi Stallings, prominent in AAU circuit, former Knox Central assistant

OK I'm confused???

Everyone on this list has HC experience except Stallings. She got the job from her AAU experience. I don't know much, but is that the same as HS experience? From what I can tell, AAU teams get the best players from several team (an All-Star Team).. not much practice. Just play games and next year you need a better guard go recruit one. HS coaches play the hand dealt and develop supporting players. If you look at Stallings HS experience... Central High?? It seems that they only had 6 players at the end of the season and had 1 win season in 10yrs. Wow I think the other names on the list were a lot better.. Did they not want it or is she the best for the job... Cause I have seen Coach Young coach and he does an awesome job and is a great man. Coach Lambert has a proven track record..

With that being said and the comments about parents in Seymour is she the only one that would take the job? I have also heard someone from Maryville's boys team interviewed... was that the one that coached at Maryville College or the one from the State Championship team??

Couple of things: First AAU experience is probably better than high school experience I have done and still do both. Level of competition is much better and you still play the hand your dealt cause you do not get every kid you go after.

Second, If you think you can do what Brandi and Jason did in that district be my guest. You have any idea what the situation was down there really? Ask any coach what theythink about the job that was done there especially the last 2 years. Also, Brandi played just as much of a part in the turnaround as Jason because she had free reign to do what she wanted as far as coaching goes, and not to mention the fact she has workrd with the likes of Lynn Burkey, Matt Insell, Rick Insell, and Gene Huskey. Seymour is getting a Very Good young Coach.

Next, Coach Wright was never offered the job, and would have not taken it more than likely. Coach Young turned the job down. Bart Walker never even got an interview. JD Lambert good guy, but what stands out to you that makes him such a hot commodity as a head coach. Oh, it must be because he has experience and she doesn't. I would take her anyday of the week over him if that were my rwo choices, and if you go back and check the records they beat JD Lamberts Halls teams both times with 6 kids.

One more thing. Does that fact Jason had a losing record at Central make him a bad coach? Would you be questioning the same if they were hiring him. Take a look at the kids they get to play for them in the summer. That is because they are well respected in the area as far as their coaching and developing kids go. I would bet any coach in this area that knows Jason would jump at the chance to have him on there staff. Go ask Coach Young what he did for that program.

One more thing. Does that fact Jason had a losing record at Central make him a bad coach? Would you be questioning the same if they were hiring him. Take a look at the kids they get to play for them in the summer. That is because they are well respected in the area as far as their coaching and developing kids go. I would bet any coach in this area that knows Jason would jump at the chance to have him on there staff. Go ask Coach Young what he did for that program.

I wish Brandi the best at Seymour. !!!!

If Bart Walker was interested someone really missed the boat on not giving him a look!!!

Now lets do ask Clay Young about Jasons importance in the past Powell success.Powell at that time had exceptional talent !!! 3 or 4 years worth of great players who started in what was a very good Powell jr pro development program. Ive seen Jason taking the credit for this one for years and as i said then and as i will say tomorrow ....hogwash!

I realize you have to have a pretty good ego to withstand whats thrown at you but come on!!

Rob,

What is your beef with Jason, you made some smart remark in a thread a couple of weeks ago when he resigned at Central. As far as talent goes you are right those kids were very talented but you are fooling yourself if you think Coach Young does not think highly of him.

On a sidenote I'm sure Brandi could care less about what you wish her especially with as much as you bad mouth their summer program. Stop talking out both sides of your mouth.

Rob,

What is your beef with Jason, you made some smart remark in a thread a couple of weeks ago when he resigned at Central. As far as talent goes you are right those kids were very talented but you are fooling yourself if you think Coach Young does not think highly of him.

On a sidenote I'm sure Brandi could care less about what you wish her especially with as much as you bad mouth their summer program. Stop talking out both sides of your mouth.

I do hope Brandi does well at Seymour....Seymour deserves some calm and the ability to just enjoy the game.

If you knew me as well as you thought you did you would know what my beef is.Im sure Clay talks highly of all his ex -assistants.

You notice i don't hide behind a screen name....Want to step into the light?

Update from the players point of view..... My daughter is not able to practice with the team until next week due to the fact she is a rising freshman and had to wait until school was out. She has however, heard from most all of the players who have practiced with her and all are saying she has no personality or sense of humor. Two VERY important things. Also heard from the parent of another that their daughter likes the challenge she has put forth for them but her complaint was she mumbles alot. I am very nervous for this team. I think the girls need to have respect for her but also need to like her. A good relationship between players and coaches only increases the positive results on the court. Perhaps those of you who know her well will mention this.

"all are saying she has no personality or sense of humor. Two VERY important things. Also heard from the parent of another that their daughter likes the challenge she has put forth for them but her complaint was she mumbles alot."

Sounds alot alot like x UCLA Coach John Wooden .......maybe 10 state titles for Seymour ?