Number 2 team in the nation?

soccergrad69

and you're right "Number 2 team in nation?" that's garbage they deserve number 1 for sure. they beat 6 fab50 teams and 4 were in the top 10 + the defending national champs; to me that deserve the number 1 tittle.

Farragut is actually number 1 in the country.

http://www.nscaa.com/hsRes.php?it=2174

But I agree with what others have said; Farragut needs to step it up. I know there is a huge amount of pressure being #1, but they have shown they are beatable. With every team bringing their A game, Farragut needs to remain focused. However, it would be amazing if Knoxville could get another national champion. 3 within 10 years. I wonder if there's anywhere in the US that compares...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe it but I must agree with soccergrad. Farragut comes out strong in every game. That is indisputable. They come out thinking they will win every game which is how they should, but when a team comes along that irritates them and stays in the game like O.R. did last night they are completely taken out of the game. Most of the games I've watched I notice that they just begin to foul chronically which will hurt them in bigger games. But I also must agree that without the somewhat lucky or fortunate, whatever you want to call it, PK.. Oak Ridge would've sent Farragut out of the playoffs in regulation on their own field which would've been something no one saw coming. Again, hats off to both teams though.

@soccergrad69 so one game not played at your full potential makes you not good? or overrated? so with your logic Barcelona is not the best team is Spain because they lost a game, Chelsea is not the best team in England because they lost a game. No matter how great a team is they will be games when they don't play to their full potentials and sometimes lose, it happens. and you're right "Number 2 team in nation?" that's garbage they deserve number 1 for sure. they beat 6 fab50 teams and 4 were in the top 10 + the defending national champs; to me that deserve the number 1 tittle. Oak Ridge played their hearts out like they always do against farragut, best game of the season but in the end who came out victorious? talking about the fight did you even see what happened? do you even know happened?i ll give you a little hint, farragut walks up to shake hands and Oak Ridge player throws out a punch (there is more to it). and where did the idea that because farragut has 18 seniors they are all arrogant, over confident and , have egos the size of china? maybe you should talk to the kids, get to know them personally off the field and learn more about them.

You have no right to even try to take away anything from what the farragut players have achieved this season. so seriously before making garbage posts like this think twice and get your facts right. No team is invincible that's for sure, but like someone said earlier 21 have tried, and 21 have failed. Yes i'm a farragut supporter and proud to be one

dragbanogood Im sure you were not on the field to hear/see what was going on correct? correct. So don't make ignorant comments acting like you know what happened. I'm sure both teams emotions were at a high and both teams contributed to the "fight"

Another point I would like to make is number 1, number 2, or whatever number you want, these espn rankings are a little misleading. the ranking is only against teams in states that play in the spring, so I think that puts Farragut up against teams from a grand total of 12 states.

Regardless, a team like them should be able to maintain focus for more than 20 minutes and put a team away. I'm not saying it just happened against Oak Ridge, it has happened many times before. It will be the downfall to there team if they don't know how to overcome the frustration of not scoring in the first 20 minutes.

so one game not played at your full potential makes you not good? or overrated? so with your logic Barcelona is not the best team is Spain because they lost a game, Chelsea is not the best team in England because they lost a game. No matter how great a team is they will be games when they don't play to their full potentials and sometimes lose, it happens. and you're right "Number 2 team in nation?" that's garbage they deserve number 1 for sure. they beat 6 fab50 teams and 4 were in the top 10 + the defending national champs; to me that deserve the number 1 tittle. Oak Ridge played their hearts out like they always do against farragut, best game of the season but in the end who came out victorious? talking about the fight did you even see what happened? do you even know happened?i ll give you a little hint, farragut walks up to shake hands and Oak Ridge player throws out a punch (there is more to it). and where did the idea that because farragut has 18 seniors they are all arrogant, over confident and , have egos the size of china? maybe you should talk to the kids, get to know them personally off the field and learn more about them.

You have no right to even try to take away anything from what the farragut players have achieved this season. so seriously before making garbage posts like this think twice and get your facts right. No team is invincible that's for sure, but like someone said earlier 21 have tried, and 21 have failed. Yes i'm a farragut supporter and proud to be one

Okay for one you are saying that farragut has played one bad game or got close once to losing. If i recall they only beat Hardin Valley 1-0, Bearden 2-1, and Oak Ridge 2-1, that is three close games that they have barely escaped out of. The best team in the nation(according to you) doesn't win three games by a goal and one game in OT. I am not trying to say they are not good, i just don't think they are the best team in the nation. Farragut can be beaten on any day. The reason is because they are so cocky and think they are the best team in the nation. They think they can do whatever and they will still win, but Oak Ridge almost proved them wrong last night. Oak Ridge proved when Farragut gets scored on they dont know how to react. Have you ever watched Farragut warm-up? They dont take it serioulsy they just screw around, because people like you say they are the best team in the nation. There coach Wallie does not disciple them at all what so ever. Go watch the best team in the nation(Frank Cox) and see what they do when they play and how there coach disciples them. I bet it is way better than Wallie does. If they win Wallie is happy, no matter the score, no matter if a fight breaks out.

And on another subject you say Farragut after the game went to shake hands which is not true. I talked to the guy and saw what happened. One of the Farragut players called him a female dog and he said call me one again and he did so the player from Oak Ridge tried to hit him. The Oak Ridge player still should not have done that but it isn't right either for the Farragut player to call him a female dog. You have no idea what the Farragut plays are like on the field. They may be all nice and sweet off the field but on the field is a different story. And i am not trying to take away anything from these kids just stating the facts.

And i am a Oak Ridger supporter.

Regardless, a team like them should be able to maintain focus for more than 20 minutes and put a team away. I'm not saying it just happened against Oak Ridge, it has happened many times before. It will be the downfall to there team if they don't know how to overcome the frustration of not scoring in the first 20 minutes.

I think this can be said of a lot of teams. The difference is that Farragut has still won every time. Even when they aren't playing well and the other team is having a great day, Farragut still wins. And I think it's only a matter of time before Farragut gets back to their dominant midseason form.

Okay for one you are saying that farragut has played one bad game or got close once to losing. If i recall they only beat Hardin Valley 1-0, Bearden 2-1, and Oak Ridge 2-1, that is three close games that they have barely escaped out of. The best team in the nation(according to you) doesn't win three games by a goal and one game in OT. I am not trying to say they are not good, i just don't think they are the best team in the nation. Farragut can be beaten on any day. The reason is because they are so cocky and think they are the best team in the nation. They think they can do whatever and they will still win, but Oak Ridge almost proved them wrong last night. Oak Ridge proved when Farragut gets scored on they dont know how to react. Have you ever watched Farragut warm-up? They dont take it serioulsy they just screw around, because people like you say they are the best team in the nation. There coach Wallie does not disciple them at all what so ever. Go watch the best team in the nation(Frank Cox) and see what they do when they play and how there coach disciples them. I bet it is way better than Wallie does. If they win Wallie is happy, no matter the score, no matter if a fight breaks out.

First of all, Bearden is a nationally ranked team so any win against them is good. And apparently any team ranked #1 has to win every game easily by 3 or 4 goals. Has Frank Cox (who don't even show up in the adidas rankings) won every game by that much? No. The point is Farragut has not lost or drawn yet, and very few teams in the country can say that.

Also, why is everyone so hateful? You claim to be an O.R. supporter but you barely give credit to your own team. Instead of bashing Farragut, why can't you ask for others to give your own team respect and say that O.R. has the heart, skill, and coaching to beat Farragut? Maybe part of the reason Farragut is ranked #1 is because they still have not lost even with the local schedule of teams they face. It's not easy to win on a consistent basis against E. Tenn. teams and I think people realize that.

Grad69,

I am actually a former oak ridge player from many years ago so trust that I'm always pulling for them except when we are on opposite sidelines. My feelings on this is OR came out fired up and with a great strategy. Coach Day has done a great job over there, especially for his first year and being hired so late. I think we really do have to give them more credit. They came out fighting and we're able to play even with one of the best teams in the country. I am going to address some of the comments about farragut and Coach Culbreth briefly. I am good friends with both Culbreth's. They are ultra competitive and very confident. But look at their track record and that confidence is well deserved. I won't give examples, but I can tell you that behind the scenes when no one else is watching, they are very discipline-oriented and hard on those boys when they get out of line. I believe part of their warm up is to keep them loose to play. Can you imagine the pressure those boys feel every match knowing people are coming to ruin your dream season? Please don't feel like I'm attacking you or your opinion, I just wanted to state my view. I wish both teams could advance b/c I think OR is playing some top level soccer, I know they did against us ;) and think they could compete at state. Only good things are happening in the future for the soccercats. Best of luck to Farragut the rest of the way. Hope to see you in the 'Boro again!

On a side note, everyone is debating really well without making any statements too personal. Love seeing the sides argue your side, so please don't get nasty about players, coaches, or posters.

I'm smelling a few things: first stench can be characterized as simply a cocky parent.. another being that of an upset parent, and followed with a few innocent bystanders that are jumping in the conversation without any knowledge of their own to stink up the place. The last group seems to stick by what they read on the internet and not get out there to obtain a first-hand opinion of their own. You can stick me into any of the 3 categories you like; by the looks of it you guys will point out one fact and hang onto that one said fact (So I'm sure you will try and interpret/misinterpret my opinion in any way you seek; which will also relate with the category you yourself are in).

The one fact I notice many of you hanging onto is that they are "Number (1 or 2) in the Nation". You sure can hold onto that fact all you want but in my personal opinion.. I see that big tree falling down as was once mentioned before. I hate to say it because I have been a Farragut supporter for the last several years (So yes.. yes I have seen them play many times) and am still one to this day.

But I feel like these boys need to pick it up immediately or they will fall apart. They seem to have been slowly unwraveling the close knitted team they were; I sure hope coach can pick up the knitting needles or they will be too tangled to finish off their season as planned. I stand by whoever mentioned that Farragut doesn't warmup hard and overconfidently feels that they will punish any team that they will face. But then you can't blame them for it because they have proved to be able to get the work done. But now they are starting to get challenged when many people didn't think they could be. Yes you can say they have had many close games.. and I stand by that (they've had 8 out of 21 of their games come down to 2 or less goals).. but I'm referring to actually challenging games for them. Their last 2 games the teams they faced shrunk the goal margin down from the first time around by a landslide.. Like I said, the Wildcats and Bulldogs were punished the first time around.. But that wasn't the recent case.. Do we see a trend near the end of the season? It's sadly starting to seem that way. Their first 16 games they were only scored on twice! Very impressive! But then their last 5 games; they've been scored on 4 times. And these goals that are being scored on us are seeming to shake the boys. Which coincides with the fact that they are only now being challenged.. But is it too little, too late to learn what they need to fix to finish the season? I think so/I hope not. I witnessed the said "fight" last night and I was very disappointed in my boys (Admirals).. I heard them walking away saying horrible things that I don't want to bring to this forum.. and when I heard it, I became very disappointed in the boys. Although I did see a couple angry Wildcat players, but I saw nearly my full Admiral team angry. My head dropped at this sight.

Lately we have witnessed the Admirals bleed. And not just your ordinary paper cut.. I remember myself thinking that hopefully their game against the Bulldogs would wake them up, but an even scarier night occured again against the Wildcats. And while mentioning the Wildcats all I have to say is a job well-done. I know that you Cat fans out there should be indulged with a lot of Wildcat Pride after seeing them perform so well against THE team. And I want to let Coach Day know that he did a great job with his boys during his first year at OR. But back to my point, it doesn't appear to me that the Admirals learned the lesson I had hoped for after the Bearden game. I had huge hopes for them to go far; but my hopes are starting to disintegrate. I guess we shall have to see how they perform against Bearden and then how they perform on their next road to state finals. They need to change something immediately; or we'll see the end of the team we saw before. Are they Number 1 or 2 in the nation? I feel like the answer to that as of now is no. They proved it before and earned a spot up there somewhere but have not been proving it currently. Let's hope they can prove it again. I feel terrible admitting this.. But this Admiral fan is on the side of grad69. Prove me wrong admirals.. Show us/me that you can do it. Because you aren't doing it right now.

So this is just the opinion of the old cocky/angry/innocent bystander that I am. Read into my thoughts all you want; maybe I'm just getting old but this is what I have to say as of now..

Good Luck Admirals!

IMO we're going to need it.

did you just mention frank cox? let me tell you something about frank cox, they won 2-1 last week to i think the number 2 team in their state, they have also won a few games by just 1 goal and earlier this season they won a game by scoring the final goal 30 seconds before end of game making it 2-1. so to say because you are number 1 you will dominate everyone is rediculous. like i said earlier farragut IS BEATABLE but you know what no team has done it yet 21 have tried and 21 have failed. a goal is a goal and a win is a win no matter how scrappy it is. again i guess you need to be reminded that oak ridge is at home right now and farragut is preparing for the region final, and they are also undefeated. yes we had 3 bad games and guess what WE STILL FREAKING WON!!! and i actually know what happened during the fight cause i was right there (yes i'm one of the player) again you can talk all you want. and to all you oak ridge players or fans listen to this closely YOUR SEASON IS OVER, this is the first time iv ever heard of a team talking thrash after getting knocked out. even wando and northwestern were man enough to shake hands after the game. you can bring up all those what if , what if, what if but news flash those "what if" did not happen. like we always say to people talking thrash SCOREBOARD!!!!! http://www.eurosportscoreboard.com/cgi- ... &Season=10

exactly! OR and every other team we will ever play will always keep saying WHAT IF! get over it Tennessee soccer.. we are winning the tittle that is rightfuly ours. just wait and see. you are right.. you guys are too old, farragut hasn't changed and our 21 game winning streek wont ever end. all oak ridge players.. enjoy your last couple weeks of school because your soccer season is done! keep saying what if while your crying to your boyfriens. talk thrash all you want... we will send you the links to the scoreboard all night if you wish. this isnt just to tennessee.. this goes to every team out there.. THE PARTYS OVER! the admirals are coming youre way.. i don't want to see another reply about how we dont deserve it.. weve destroyed every team this season.. we wont stop now. NO DOUBT!

keep crying.. goes to the parents/players

Jonesus, you seem to be close to the Farragut program. You also seem to be saying that the level of play has dropped for the Admirals. What do you think needs to be done by the boys, by the coach, by the fans in order to get the team playing its best by tomorrow and beyond?