Another Coach Leaving

katyna36

Well whoever gets the position I hope they are in it for the long haul. In my opinion it should be someone outside of the box. Nobody local with school ties but someone who know the game. Someone who has been where these girls are similar to Ashley. Alysha Clark would be a great prospect if she was at all interested and qualified. But most important this person needs to have backbone to stay longer that a few years give the talent there a fair chance to succeed. The talent is there in all grades. So pray for the administration to make the best decision!

Wow, you have set your standards very high and I don't blame you. Alysha Clark would be not only a great coach but a fine role model. AC is an All American in many ways. You likly would be competing with the WNBA though as she was drafted in their lastest draft. A few years back, I saw her coach AAU and you would like her style. LHS, you have got your work cut out for you. Someone wants a coach like either Ashley Johnson or Alysha Clark. One played High School at Shelbyville and one played High School at Mt. Juliet and both played College at MTSU. When you aim that high, there is always someone or something that will draw the person away. One thing is for sure though, your school will try to find your next coach soon. Stay together, play hard at camp and realize that great days are in front of you. Ones greatest success and strength is usually drawn after a period one thinks is full of adversity.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first and no disrespect but you should know that Ashley Clark played for Ole Miss not MTSU. But both played for D1 schools and both are Awesome! But as for Alysha Clark tell me who is she playing WNBA for I tried to find her on the roster of San Antonio Silver Stars and for what I read they did not have her on their final roster something about her height. That is so disappointing and what a loss for them. They must not have really watched her play it didn't matter how tall she was she could always make things happen. I have never seen a player with the vision she had on the court. Her determination as a player was unbelieveable. Saw her at one game scoring over 50 points and not even being selfish with the ball. She would be a true leader but as you said probably not in the cards. But boy is she well respected. My largest hope is that whoever they choose is someone with the right experience to get these girls what they deserve. Please do tell who was lucky enough to get Alysha Clark Silver Stars are going to regret their decision wait and see. :thumb:

You are correct, second time for the spelling of the names. Looks as if Ashley might be going somewhere else but that is unsure also. Alysha likely will be picked up by someone else in this country or out. She might wind up back at MTSU as Insell has another coaching spot open. While I know nothing about it, she would be a great draw. Other opportunities might exist. A lot of us will be following the story. LB, this talk and high expectations are good for LHS and tells how far Womens Basketball has come in the past 4 years. Yes, its not quite all the way back but after this current freshman class and the upcoming Freshman class, it could be on its way. The selection committee will stay real quiet about who applies for obvious reasons because there will be many who know whats happening there. Unlike a few years back, this is a coach maker. The new school, if it winds up being built, will not be able to hold the interested fans. Womens athletics will be at a high level.

Of course, I attribute it to the "Twin Towers" and the impact they had but mostly to an administration who stepped up and did what it took to find the right Coaches. In both cases, they took a little grief but both were right moves and the parents and players saw it. Good luck as the tradition is legendary and the school needs to keep it.

Well first and no disrespect but you should know that Ashley Clark played for Ole Miss not MTSU. But both played for D1 schools and both are Awesome! But as for Alysha Clark tell me who is she playing WNBA for I tried to find her on the roster of San Antonio Silver Stars and for what I read they did not have her on their final roster something about her height. That is so disappointing and what a loss for them. They must not have really watched her play it didn't matter how tall she was she could always make things happen. I have never seen a player with the vision she had on the court. Her determination as a player was unbelieveable. Saw her at one game scoring over 50 points and not even being selfish with the ball. She would be a true leader but as you said probably not in the cards. But boy is she well respected. My largest hope is that whoever they choose is someone with the right experience to get these girls what they deserve. Please do tell who was lucky enough to get Alysha Clark Silver Stars are going to regret their decision wait and see. :thumb:

Ms Clark is out of the WNBA, San Antonio waived her and no one picked her up. Although your assessment about her skills is correct, not being tall in the most elite league in the world is certainly a handicapp. She would have routinely faced players 6ft 5 or taller and her chances of working the backboard would be minimal. Many great, great players do not make the WNBA. :thumb:

Interviews for the job have begun. At least one candidate on campus today.

Interviews should be confidential and Eddie, this communication on status certainly valuable to fans parents and players of LHS as it will ease the obvious anxiety. If I'm not mistaken, LHS has an AD of female athletics and two years ago this helped the process along. Many schools are looking for coaches and confidentiality of interviews is of priority I would think.

Eddie, LHS is in a different position this time than the last two. You have something to offer and if a new school might be involved some time in the future, say Hartmann Drive, this likely will be one of the most attractive locations in Middle Tennessee and add to value of the homes and the City with Cumberland being there and whatever Castle Heights is being used for. Good luck. You are in the middle of one of the best locations for Womens Basketball and Athletics in the state. Wilson, Rutherford and Bedford along with Sumner, Lawrence and Maury and Williamson are known for both Mens and Womens. You have at least four DII schools watching your search. Nice to be popular.

I don't believe that there is now or ever has been a AD for girls athletics at Lebanon High. Bobby Brown is the current AD and Scott Benson was the AD that hired Darian Brown. I don't know who was the AD at the time of Ashley Johnson's hiring, but I don't believe there was a AD for girls involved. Denise Joyner was the AD at one time, but she wasn't just in charge of girls athletics as far as I know. I can confirm that interviews are being conducted.

My mistake.

I don't believe that there is now or ever has been a AD for girls athletics at Lebanon High. Bobby Brown is the current AD and Scott Benson was the AD that hired Darian Brown. I don't know who was the AD at the time of Ashley Johnson's hiring, but I don't believe there was a AD for girls involved. Denise Joyner was the AD at one time, but she wasn't just in charge of girls athletics as far as I know. I can confirm that interviews are being conducted.

My bad. Scott did a great job. Thought a lady helped with AJ.