How will District 4A be this year

TheDeal05

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a breakdown based on last year....

1. Oliver Springs - will have to replace 4 starters and 5 of top 8. They do return starter Miller and reserves McBee, Sweet, Romero and Taylor. They will be young with only 2 seniors coming back. Could struggle early but come post season could be dangerous.

2. Jellico - lose 4 starters but they probably were the deepest team last year and could go as many as 10 deep. They return 6 guys that play a ton of minutes last year and willl be a tough team when they knock down the 3.

3. Sunbright - They lose 3 starters and a couple of key guys off the bench. They do return langley and Englad in the paint. They have a good coach who will have them ready to play every night and will be competitive.

4. Oneida - They lose 3 seniors that played big minutes and return several pieces including post Wright and young guards Jeffers, Duncan, and Boshears. If young guards are consistent, they will be a tought team to beat.

5. Wartburg - They lose 2 seniors from a team that played about 9-10 deep. Return most expirenced players including a potiential district MVP in Shannon or Fountain. Goodman is also back with 2 years of varsity exprience. Probably the team to beat on paper.

6. Oakdale - They lose 3 or 4 seniors. Return top guys in Currier, Steinmetz, and Kilby. Will need those 3 to stay healthy and find a few more guys to step up.

7. Coalfield - They lose 1 senior. They return everyone else including 5 starters. They have no where to go but up in the standings and this could be the year they do it.

Early summer projection.....

1. Wartburg

2. Jellico

3. Oliver Springs

4. Oneida

5. Oakdale

6. Sunbright

7. Coalfield

I agree... not sure bout Oz and Oneida... Oneida is young but very talented If they work hard this season they could make some big noise... Oz didnt play very deep so not sure what they have left for this season... They are always competitive tho... Should be imteresting this year

What are your rankings?

I know a little more about district 4 than district 3 (overall I don't know much), but here is my projection for district 3...

1. Harriman - lose a couple, but return district MVP and other good players. Should not lose in the district!

2. Rockwood - Will always be good on defense, they need to find some offensive punch.

2. Midway - lost 3 seniors, but do have a good group coming back. Coin flip with Rockwood.

4. Greenabck - Very close to #2, but not sure about what they have coming back.

5. Berean - know nothing about them, or players, just guessing

6. TSD - like Coalfield, they just can't get out of the bottom.

7. Grace Christian - they actually have a lot returning from a good team last year, but they will not be involvoed in post season. Therefore they are ranked last!

Later will be region outlook!

My rankings for district 4 would have to be

1. Wartburg- Good coach and a deep team.. should be very fast

2. Jellico- coming off a great year and return more than other teams

3. Oneida- Loses some good players but have alot of good young talent

4. Oliver Springs- loses alot other than Miller... dont have much varsity experience but are well coached

5. Oakdale- dont have enough depth

6. Sunbright- same deal as Oakdale

7. Coalfield- Well its Coalfield

My rankings for district 3 is the same as yours CookeVegaa3... Cant wait for the season tho :roflol:

• 2 months later...

How do u think that region with district 3 and 4 will be come tournament time?

If Cody Mallicote can get eligible then Jellico has to be the favorite. The kid was an all district player in AAA last year and scored over 50 points against Oak Ridge. He is 6/5 and extremely versatile.

If Cody Mallicote can get eligible then Jellico has to be the favorite. The kid was an all district player in AAA last year and scored over 50 points against Oak Ridge. He is 6/5 and extremely versatile.

why is he going to Jellico and where is he from?... Did he play for Lafollette in middle school?.. Hearing alot about him but cant really put a face with the name!

Region predictions.....

Favorites

1. Harriman - have to be here since they are coming off a state appearance and have their big guns returning.

2. Wartburg - They struggled at times last year but those growing pains should pay off this year. I wonder about their PG play but they probably are the team to beat in D4.

Not far behind

Jellico - They should be solid and getting the transfer from Campbell Co definitely won't hurt them.

The rest of the teams have more question marks in their roster (Oneida, Oliver Springs, Coalfield, Sunbright, Rockwood, Tellico Plains, Greenback, Midway) but they are teams that you don't want to overlook.

I think D4 might be stronger overall even though I predict Harriman as the team to beat in the region.