Boyd Buchanan Wins Opener

supersteve17

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy Bracket?

You did notice 8 to 7 winning by not just a "walk off" walk, but 3 walks with 2 out... Double, Int Walk, Walk and walk. Adamsville just ran out of pitching today. Very tough for them they played great game and just had some bad luck in the end.

Easy Bracket?

You did notice 8 to 7 winning by not just a "walk off" walk, but 3 walks with 2 out... Double, Int Walk, Walk and walk. Adamsville just ran out of pitching today. Very tough for them they played great game and just had some bad luck in the end.

How do you run out of pitching on the first day?

My guess is... you have only one... Walk... walk... walk... to walk in the winning run on three walks in a row (yes one was an intl) tells me the coach felt that he had to stay with this guy and had no one else that he thought could come in and throw strikes.

My guess is... you have only one... Walk... walk... walk... to walk in the winning run on three walks in a row (yes one was an intl) tells me the coach felt that he had to stay with this guy and had no one else that he thought could come in and throw strikes.

Not the case at all......Coach Lambert made the choice to stay with a kid that has pitched well all year. Our closer was warm and ready. Sometimes coaches go with their gut instinct. It didnt work this time.

The truth is...the game should have never made it to the 8th inning. Adamsville left 10 runners on base. Including, 1st and 2nd with no outs. 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Bases loaded with one out. VERY unusual for this team. We seemed to settle down a little in the 2nd game and beat Hancock Co. Still a little sloppy but a much better offensive effort.

Congrats to Boyd Buchanan. They earned the win. I would, however like to see them again.

Boyd-Buchanan did steal one from you. The coaches were quoted in the Chattanooga paper before the tournament started as saying they really don't have a number one pitcher... any one of 4 or 5 could be the ace... and that is kind of true. However, most will tell you that you did not see the number 1 in the start and even at that what you did see did not have his best game and was left in too long. Adamsville hitting had his number as you have pointed out. The Boyd-Buchanan coaching staff made a gut call to leave him in when he kept slipping off the hook. thinking they would do it with the bats... whoever makes it to the game tomorrow will a face all they want in a pitcher.

Boyd also left 10 runners on base... and had a, normally very productive, clean up hitter go 0 for 4.

If there is a down fall for the Bucs it will likely be in their inability to play small ball or at least the fact that the coaches do not play it. In their defense it is hard to have someone bunt someone over when there is a good possibility of a hit or home run.

I am not sure just hitting away will take them all the way, but it has taken them a long way so far because of all the bullets dodged in that first game.

Congrats on the win.

It is going to be exciting. Being in the final 4 is special.

Boyd-Buchanan has a special incentive to take the next step. Tonight after two 10 min OT periods and two 5 minute OT periods the Boyd-Buchanan soccer team won the shoot out and match 3 to 2 and are in the championship game.

Adamsville would not want to spoil Boyd-Buchanan having two teams in a championship game would they? :thumb: I know Adamsville would like nothing better.