Farragut Admirals- 3 in a Row!!

TheFarragutDynasty

As a Admiral fan and baseball fan,this was a good year, however I did notice a dropoff this year in talent and I wonder if it may continue. It seems baseball across the state is very weak, I personally have talked to college recruiters from around the area and they as I feel too much pressure is being applied by underage baseball traveling teams. I have been involved in recruitment for years and I honestly can say I do not watch a child below the age of 14. First it is illegal to even notice a child. I noticed at a Local youth tournment that many dads and moms are trying to relive their lives through their children. To many young arms are being damaged by the win at all cost attitudes. The coached at this age do not understand or care enough to care for the child. I believe many high school programs are very weak at talent and only a few teams can continue to progress. This will make the state easy to attain. Expect this trend to continue.

The Admirals will definitely be in the running once again next year. They return a great coach and 10 players who saw significant amount of playing time at certain points throughout the season. The Admirals will rely on pitching A TON next year, and have enough to make it back to state come tournament time. There will be many players who will battle for spots and who will have to earn their spots throughout the season, but their lineup will look something like this (grades in parentheses):

C- Evan Surrett/Cameron Strickland?? (D). Huge hole needs filling, don't know if they have anyone.

1B- Chandler Vannoy/Nick Summers (C+). Both need improvement, but could be solid contributers.

2B- Scott Miller/Pannell (C+). If Scott can improve this offseason, should be very solid hitter.

SS- Delmonico (A+). Best player in the state, along with Pfeifer.

3B- Simcox (A). Breakout year this year, should be even better next year in the 3/4 hole.

LF- Strickland/Huggins (B-). Strickland had decent year, needs to get alot stronger.

CF- Braden Urevick/X. Taylor ©. Virtual unknowns here, someone needs to step up.

RF- X. Taylor/D. Huggins ©. Same as above.

DH- Nick Summers/Vannoy (B-). Will need to step up big next year.

P- Pfeifer (A+). Best pitcher in the state.

P- Derek Chandler (A). Very good year, pitched great against Cville in state, should turn heads next year

P- Xander Taylor (B+). Needs to improve consistency, get stronger. Very solid #3 starter next year.

P- Michael Ledbetter (B-). Has tons of potential, plus arm. Needs to improve consistency.