Lexington Baseball Job is Open

643dp

I will agree with you that Coach Odle was a good assistant coach. The players did love him as an assistant. He is a good pitching coach, but he is not a great head coach. There was no jv program this year at all. The players who were not starters were used to get homerun balls and shag balls. You have to build for the future to make your program stronger. Thirty to thirty five players are taken every year with the understanding that there will be a jv program. The team usually dwindles down to about 15-20 before the season starts.

Hopefully the new coach will work more on building for the future.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there you go. That is what the kids need. That is the extent of practice and has been since he took over. There is no jv program. Those kids are used for fund raising and that is it. Schedule a bunch of teams outside the district you should beat and you have a good record every year. It looks good on a resume but it does not begin to tell the whole story. He has ran off enough good players over the years to field a state tournament quality team. A good one.

I will agree with you that Coach Odle was a good assistant coach. The players did love him as an assistant. He is a good pitching coach, but he is not a great head coach. There was no jv program this year at all. The players who were not starters were used to get homerun balls and shag balls. You have to build for the future to make your program stronger. Thirty to thirty five players are taken every year with the understanding that there will be a jv program. The team usually dwindles down to about 15-20 before the season starts.

Funny thing is people dont know as much as they think they do! As I have heard from a very reliable source Rhodes is in a little trouble himself so it would not surprise me if Odle wasnt the head coach down there next year or at least assistant. And about all they players on our team that didn't like Odle I would like to hear a couple... maybe the benchwarmers or the seniors that didnt get to play and quit the team like a real player would... Whatever your opinion is on Odle, mine is of great respect for him as not only a coach but a friend...

Not even close! :roflol:

That sounds just like a former State championship program in Gibson Co. that wears purple. :roflol: