District 6AAA

raider99

IMO Cody has carried WC for many years.

You have been smoking some bad weed!!! Cody is a beast but he is only a piece of the puzzle that make this class winners. If you look at the stats last year he was about middle of the pack in tackles. Thrower, Northcutt, Rhea are players that need to be talked about this year. They are the ones that never come off the field and are the backbone of this team. Cody will make a great OL in college whichever school is lucky enough to get him although I hope to see a few more players getting talked about to play at the next level to!

Bofore you start bashing me thos is JMO. You don't just talk about players for no reason. How many offers do they have or even looks for that matter? The proof Is in the pudding. I am I not the smartest guy being only a college student however a DLineman will not lead a team in tackles because if he starts to you double and triple team them. How many times have you saw a LB double teamed? Cody leads that team and a lot of this season depends on him and the OL. Dustin is a great kid. I don't know much about Northcutt. Thrower should worry more about his ethics then his football IMO.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thrower situation has already been overly discussed in another thread and as a result it was shut down. please lets have some civility and respect for the kid and his family, and keep this thread from being locked. He acted out and was punished, can we please leave it there?

Nitro, is the kid that wore 11 returning this season? I watched the cumberland/warren game again last night and was impressed by him. His change of pace from 20 was tough to deal with.

I am really excited to see if we can beat you guys this year. I know the last games have been 20pts plus, but the give aways and mistakes have really crippled us the last two years. for the first 20mins of the cchs/wch game last year cchs was the better team and then four straight turnovers and two easy touchdowns later a 5pt lead turns into a 20pt defecit. the year before we had it inside the 5 with 1st and goal three times and scored 0pts. you would have to think that eventually some of those problems would be straightened out. I think we have a few new wrinkles that could solve the redzone problems though.....

I wanted this topic to be about football, the players to look for and your opinions on who would take the region, I dont not condone player bashing and team bashing and I do not appreciate it. These forums are for general discussions on the sport we all love and to help motivate the kids who read them to let them know that people support them. Lets drop the subject of Thrower, He doesn't deserve it and hisparents doesn't deserve people bashing him over conduct. I guess you never did anything non ethicall in your day huh? Lets drop it we all have done things we are not proud of, lets get past it and let get on with what this topic suppose to be, please.

I wanted this topic to be about football, the players to look for and your opinions on who would take the region, I dont not condone player bashing and team bashing and I do not appreciate it. These forums are for general discussions on the sport we all love and to help motivate the kids who read them to let them know that people support them. Lets drop the subject of Thrower, He doesn't deserve it and hisparents doesn't deserve people bashing him over conduct. I guess you never did anything non ethicall in your day huh? Lets drop it we all have done things we are not proud of, lets get past it and let get on with what this topic suppose to be, please.

AMEN!!!!!!!

Thanks blueangel51 and raider99. Alot of seniors on the Pioneer squad will and have contributed and some juniors will step up also! Look up players from WC on thier website and you'll see that Northcutt had almost 1,000 yards rushing and several interceptions, Thrower passed for almost 700 yards, caught several TD's and had 5 interceptions on defense. Franklin Martin and Tyler Glenn had several recieving TD's and the list goes on with some of the graduated seniors Steig & Harvey.! Pioneersports was right on with his post! No one player can carry a football team. That's why I love this sport so much!

Good luck to all 6AAA teams this year and may the best team be crowned 6AAA Champs!

Go Pioneers!

your welcome nitro, I love this sport because the kids with the most heart usually wins games, been looking at alot of scout and recruiting pages on the past several years, Maryville, which has alot of "talent" really doesn't have any Div 1 worthy players, Tennessee High, which IMO have decent teams have several players who are Div 1 quality. Goes to show who have heart. Thats what I love, I seen several reports of on Cody from scouts, rivals and Govolsxtra.com, and all said he was ok, I believe if UT gave him a offer, he would take and be a big time player because he bleeds orange and that what it takes., heart.

Looks like this has turned into a WC thread but that's ok because it sounds like you guys have a lot to be excited about this year. Just one comment, with all this talk about Cody and your skill players, don't overlook special teams because if you were at the Cookeville game last year you know that is where we beat you. I expect the new staff will have addressed that and it should be a heck of a game this year.

Cookeville should be pretty solid this year as we have several starters from last year returning. The QB spot is a bit of a question mark as we have a junior and a senior competing for that spot. Niether had much time at that position last year. Our best prospect is RB Daylyn Martin, he had a big year last year and shoud be even better this last year.

I can't say I kno much about the other teams in the conference but here are my predictions...

1. Everyone but Cumberland co.

2. Cumberland co.

I don't believe they can overcome their past, that losing shadow is always behind them. Reports are one of their coaches retired due to issues wh the head coach. The staff is good but the hc seems to be the problem. He is a control freak so it doesn't really matter how good the rest of the staff is because noone else can coach due to the hc controlling style. It's pitiful how bad it is. Last year was his first losing season and he's coming to a rude awakening. He might be a good asst. But hc is not for him. He still thinks he's in farragut. IMO he needs to bend over and pull that Farragut star out his rear end.