West @ Sullivan South(wk 0)

No not his sidekick....just someone I hold tremendous respect for...kind of like Jack, Batman, "04, FB and a few others. You have to earn respect. I am going to rename you. Your new name is Otis. As in Mayberry. As in North Carolina. You are the Carolina Man right. Don't worry Otis...we know you are good people you just need a place to sleep it off. How is Andy by the way?

Compusatman=I'm From Eastern North Carolina ,And This Guy Ain't From North He Sounds Like Hes From South!We Try to Talk Smack After The Games.But Sometimes We Do It A Little Before.It's A Tarheel-Duke Thang

Compusatman=I'm From Eastern North Carolina ,And This Guy Ain't From North He Sounds Like Hes From South!We Try to Talk Smack After The Games.But Sometimes We Do It A Little Before.It's A Tarheel-Duke Thang

It's OK. I found out who he was. No biggie. Sometimes I take life a bit too seriously. I think he is way beyond that. It's all for the kids ya know? No need to make it harder on them than it already is.

Right Man All These Kids Do A Great Job.Just Getting Out There Trying Says Alot.I Will Give All The TRI-CITIES Teams And Fans Much Respect.I Wish They Were So Passinate About There High School Teams Back Home In North Carolina.Are They Going To Do Anything Before The Game?

Right Man All These Kids Do A Great Job.Just Getting Out There Trying Says Alot.I Will Give All The TRI-CITIES Teams And Fans Much Respect.I Wish They Were So Passinate About There High School Teams Back Home In North Carolina.Are They Going To Do Anything Before The Game?

I don't have a player so I am not intimate with the inner workings of the team, but I would imagine there will be something planned.

Hello, IM4, I think they may be doing something (heard something about retiring #54 jersey) but also know that there was some talk about keeping it all somewhat at a low level. So, actually, I don't know---I just don't know.

Mainly wanted to say that you have gained by respect already, you are different from some of the DB folk that has one goal---to put down South----like Whacko and this new Otis guy. Can you tell me what drives people to do that? I know alot of good folks from DB and these other wack-jobs are, I would think, embarrasing to them. But then again, the whackos of the world probably don't care about that either. I know there are South people that go on the DB thread and stir it up, as well. I wish they would'nt do that. You won't see me on here much, mainly like to read intelligent football info, but little of that on here these days.

I'll Be The First To Say I like To Talk A Little Bit.LOL ,I Did Grow Up In North Carolina A DUKE Fan!But Some Of This Stuff Is Lame. People Talking About Fighting Over High School Football Thats Nuts!I Say Respect Your OPP. And Be The Better Team {If You Can}?LOL, Just Calling Out People Ain't Cool.That Is Some High School Mess.Let The Teams Settle It On The Field And Move On To The Next Team.Don't Be Like Them TARHOLES!{SORRY THATS 4 ANOTHER BLOG}LOL.You Can Hate A Team ,But Show Some CLASS About It.Later Days People.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to dig this thread out of the bottom of page 2. Where's the interest? How about it West fans? Were you pleased with the preseason scrimmages and the jamboree match-up with CAK?

I understand there will be a special edition T-shirt on sale at Death Valley to commemorate this game. Rebels forever, West and South. Bring a big crowd and travel safely. Let's get it going. :thumb:

Can't wait Crawdad. I just wish we started with Tn High's first 3 instead of our gauntlet. I think we have some talent, but they are certainly green. The boys have looked better each scrimmage, but the learning curve has to be steep to be ready for Knox West.

Commemorative shirt, heh? Hope it looks good. That bond is definitely worth remembering.

Guys, I was at the spring scrimmage at 'Betsy and I thought we looked wonderful. I know we had the Blackbird but I thought we looked good all over. Different story for the preseason scrimmages. However, I thought we showed great improvement at Jamboree. Hope the mental game is good. Counting down...

I believe the offense will come together in true South Rebel fashion. Hutchins and Wagner coming up with TD catches is good for the receiving corps. Cutting Heath loose will open up the run game for the backs. And we still have our evolving All-State secret weapon. ;) Now the defense....well that's another matter. They better have their motors running at kick-off. No more of this slow out of the gate stuff. West will eat that up this year.

I believe the offense will come together in true South Rebel fashion. Hutchins and Wagner coming up with TD catches is good for the receiving corps. Cutting Heath loose will open up the run game for the backs. And we still have our evolving All-State secret weapon. ;) Now the defense....well that's another matter. They better have their motors running at kick-off. No more of this slow out of the gate stuff. West will eat that up this year.

Heath was a nervous wreck with what the Clones showed him. It was good experience to learn to deal with it. Maybe Haynie suggested it to 'Beth just to aquaint him with it. But he showed his normal poise and control in the Jamboree. And that is the key. If he is confident then he will thread the needle. If he gets his motor running then you will be correct CD. No worry about the secret weapon. He is fired up right at home every morning. Dad makes sure of it. I like his number.