It's Milan...It's Crockett County...It's..

volfan911

Milan can not blame the officials, only themselves. Milan beat Milan, with help from a solid CC team. I am from Milan and have seen the same people do the same dumb things all year. The difference is when you play a solid team like CC, you get beat. Coach Morris has a lot of work to do with the brains and discipline of SOME key players, to make overachievers out of them. SOME key players have not shown the pride that it takes to go far in the playoffs yet. Hopefully they will. If Milan played CC again, and played the way they are capable of playing, I think Milan would come out on top 7 out of 10 times, but the way they played Friday nite CC would win 10 of 10. Good luck CC, GO DAWGS!!

PS Is the FLETCHOA the fletch I know?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't buy that. Crockett stopped itself with a holding penalty deep in Milan territory on their first drive. It's not like Crockett played it's best football. I believe they had two missed field goals as well. That's 13 points right there. If Crockett had punched the ball in towards the end of the game when they had it on the Milan 10 yard line, it would have been an uglier score at 31-14. I know it hurts to lose when you're a fan of a great program, but Milan was not the better team. Their offensive and defensive fronts had nothing on Crockett County's. The 7-10 notion is not accurate in my opinion. When I look at both teams and consider the athletes each have, I have to go with Crockett County. Both have great coaches, Crockett just had too much speed. Milan basically got ran over and were it not for the onside kick and the blown coverage on Crockett's part on the ensuing play, the score would have suggested a blow out.

Volfan911

Posted by volfan911:

I don't buy that. Crockett stopped itself with a holding penalty deep in Milan territory on their first drive. It's not like Crockett played it's best football. I believe they had two missed field goals as well. That's 13 points right there. If Crockett had punched the ball in towards the end of the game when they had it on the Milan 10 yard line, it would have been an uglier score at 31-14. I know it hurts to lose when you're a fan of a great program, but Milan was not the better team. Their offensive and defensive fronts had nothing on Crockett County's. The 7-10 notion is not accurate in my opinion. When I look at both teams and consider the athletes each have, I have to go with Crockett County. Both have great coaches, Crockett just had too much speed. Milan basically got ran over and were it not for the onside kick and the blown coverage on Crockett's part on the ensuing play, the score would have suggested a blow out.

We will never know, that is why everyone gets his/her own opinion. CC does have a good team. IMO though Milan should have also scored a couple of times in the 1st quarter not counting a field goal attempt and they also helped CC in their drives with penalties. 1st time I saw CC play this year, so I base my opinion, like yourself on one game. Good luck to both!

Volfan911